All reviews the pub friendly locals great food wide variety best fish and chips pennine way town yetholm place to eat the staff were extremely friendly large bedroom lots of hot water wonderful surprise stayed for two nights a real gem thank you so much next morning a lovely stay
Reviewed 24 August 2018

My mum and I stayed here as we were meeting my partner and his walking buddy who were just finishing the Pennine Way. This is a most lovely country hotel, We received a most warm welcome and the staff were so helpful. Our twin room had lovely county charm with everything we needed and a lovey comfy bed. The village is quite but the locals in the bar made us feel quite at home. We did not have dinner in the hotel as we were meeting up with my partner who was staying elsewhere but the menu in the hotel looked good and their were plenty of guest and locals eating. We did have breakfast which was excellent and they had a wide variety of choice. We would definitely recommend this place and will definitely be back.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

A group of friends and I spent a night here while walking the St Cuthberts Way. After a long days walking we were so looking forward to some home comforts and were not disappointed. My room was v spacious and had a bath (heaven!) catered well for gluten free diet and had the most enormous fish and chips and beautiful dessert to. Breakfast equally nice and staff so friendly. Hopefully repeat this walk next year and enjoy The Plough again

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed in a cottage for a week in the village of Town Yetholm so visited The Plough several times. The food was very good especially the Sunday roast. The staff were extremely friendly and they allow dogs in which was a plus for us.
Would definitely call in again if in the area.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2018

Arrived early thursday afternoon but shown straight to the room. Very hospitable landlady and staff. As I was leaving very early on saturday morning, I was shown where to help myself to breakfasr and where my packed lunch would be. Very quiet room even if on the main road.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

we stayed here for one night lovely little hotel friendly staff nice clean comfortable room and the breakfast was incredible perfect to set you up for days walking in the hills.
the home made marmalade was gorgeous as was the twisted thistle ipa

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple