“well catered for”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Although I was not too impressed with the food, I was impressed by the service: because their menu is in Italian only, the waiter will recite all its dishes on the menu (there are quite a few!) in English for you, as if he were reciting a poem. Everything he brought to the table was followed by a nice smile , hopeful we would like the food. He checked on us to make sure we enjoyed it.
This was very welcoming, unlike other places I have found.

The food is all right, very typical but not for my taste. One of us had pasta with "guanciale " which was way too fat and left most of it - but this food is typical of the area and if you like fat, you may well like it. Arrosticini were also ok and their bruschettas were quite unusual.

I would go back just because of the atmosphere

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

What a little Gem of a restaurant up the top of a small flight of stairs. Had a great lunch. Local menu i had some Lamb skewers my wife had tomato and basil pasta. Both were lovely and oh my the prices so reasonable!! Oh and not forgetting the very friendly and appreciative staff.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 31 May 2018

Superb Abruzzo home cooking with a family vibe. Very friendly people and is a must in Santo Stefano. I always make it a point to eat there when I am in that town.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 8 April 2018

This is a family run place that makes you feel welcome and is sensibly priced. We enjoyed the local lentil soup and a variety of pasta dishes washed down with the house red. Salads were good, meat cooked well. Highly recommended. We returned for a second night.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 21 November 2017

This is a wonderful family run establishment. The Lentil Soap is classic to Santo Stefano, a typical dish which you must experience! While the menu is simple the delight is again in its simplicity. House wine of course a must.

Date of visit: October 2017