“Great place for lunch”

The Old Barracks Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Athenry
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bistro - Bakery - Catering Set in the historical walled town of Athenry, The Old Barracks serves the finest in locally sourced produce in our award winning venue. Open for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner 7 days a week. The home of great food & flavour in Athenry!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I highly recommend The Old Barracks. We stopped on our tour for lunch and enjoyed a delicious meal. Everyone enjoyed their meal. My mashed potatoes were the best I've ever had. The food was delicious and well prepared and the service was gracious. We took out a brownie which was also delicious, not too sweet and with a light texture. Charming decor and best of all, family run.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had lunch here yesterday on a very hot day, one of the hottest days that Ireland has had. We were on our way to visit family on a trip from the UK.

The waitresses were great, even in that heat.

We had a light lunch and the chowder and sandwiches were lovely and the desserts were fantastic.

We will visit again when we come back to visit our family.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Have been here a few times and each time the food is just delicious.
Enjoyed a lovely Sundaylunch today again and my 2 friends and I all had the beef buritto bowl.Perfect for the 24 degree weather.So tasty with some cheeky chips on the side.To finish off we picked 3 different deserts to share from the great selection.Lemontart,BanoffiPie and MeringueRoulade all served with Eton Mess Icecream..Yummy..We even asked for extra icecream which our superfriendly waiter brought with no extra charge.This really is a smashing place for a great meal served with a smile and banter.Cant recomend this place enough..

2  Thank Jengal97
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to the old barracks a number of times and each time the service and food are perfect. They do the best scone in town imo and the decor is lovely and staff are really attentive.

I recently ordered a birthday cake from the bakery and my whole family were raving about how delicious and fresh it was. I though it was very good value too.

Suitable for families and kids as well.

1  Thank Nora N
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ordered birthday cake last week and the guy on the phone was extremely helpful. The cake was amazing. It was the nicest sponge with fresh cream and fruit I have ever tasted. Highly recommend this place.

1  Thank Mary M