Zebra Country Lodge(Cullinan)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$171
Agoda.com
  • Pool
US$189
All reviewslion walkhorse ridinglion cubswild animalslions roarwonderful experiencelions tourblue trailtrained horsesyoung lionsguinea pigsamazing creaturespretoria areaa real pleasuresafety briefinglots of funstaff were fantastic
Reviewed 29 October 2017

Staff is super friendly, and bend over backwards to accommodate all requests. Food is out of this world and more than I could eat. I asked for extra days on horseback and rode in new scenery making it "just like my childhood days". Exploring, having fun on great horses. The Lion Walk was supurb, super informative, and lots of fun. I plan a 2nd trip to them as soon as I can organize it next year.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colin M, Owner at Horseback Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2017

When you come again, we can try different routes and have even more fun!!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

OH WOW!!! I am still pinching myself regarding this experience! I will always celebrate October 14th as the day I was able to be cuddled and loved by 3 three month old lion cubs and a 2 week old!!! Wynand (sorry if I misspelled)told me he had a special surprise and he could not have know beforehand JUST how SPECIAL this was to me. I'm the "mother of cats" in my opinion and I was thrilled and overjoyed walking with the teenage lions and each BRAND new and dream-like experience of Walking With Lions, etc!!!!! Oh, and the meerkats were so funny and entertaining!
Horseback riding to see the beautiful land and the funny and elegant giraffes along with the zebras and other wild life was another GREAT experience. No better way to see the animals up close.
The accommodations, where I was able to hear the lions roar as I was going to bed, and the gorgeous grounds, ALONG with the yummy dinner, breakfast and lunch all exceeding our expectations.
We even got to hold a snake!!!
The owners and Each member of the family/staff were such wonderful people and made our weekend the best part of our trip to South Africa!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

YES, there are many people who say that this was the best part of their trip in South Africa. This makes us SO HAPPY. Thank you, thank you for just being here!!

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Had a very good horse ride and it is obvious that the establishment really cares about their animals. Saw some game and could get quite close on horseback.

They also have an on site Lion breeding program with tours and Lion interaction. Was a great experience going to sleep while listening to the lions roar and groan!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

This is Africa - the roar of the lions!! Thank you for sharing this with us by overnighting with us!!

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We had an overnight at Horse back safari.
Your hosts Graig And Connie were outstanding.
Graig knows all there is about the lions and Connie is an expert when it comes to horses.
You will live it.
Regards
David

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colin M, Owner at Horseback Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Thank you for your positive review. It will be great to have you with us again one day!

Reviewed 10 September 2017

The lions, the horses, the people, the night, the tours and the meals were excellents!!!!
I recommand this place! It is so nice and quiet.
We wished the birthday of my daughter and everybody were very friendly with her!
Thank you very much!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Colin M, Owner at Horseback Africa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

The lions, the horses and the people say THANK YOU for enjoying our beautiful place with us!!!!