“Food was out of this world”
Review of Poplars Restaurant

Poplars Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 108 Restaurants in Durbanville
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: European, Italian, Contemporary, International
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nestled between mature gardens on the beautiful D'Aria Wine Farm, Poplars Restaurant is housed in a heritage Cape Dutch Farmhouse, one of the oldest in the Durbanville Wine Valley. The elegantly decorated rooms provide for intimate but relaxed winter evenings in front of the many open fires. The large shaded garden provides an idyllic spot to wine away lazy summer days, whilst sharing charcuterie and mezze boards. The Italian inspired menu caters to a wide range of tastes that is complimented by award winning wines from the winery and surrounding area. Both the 'Backyard' (braai area) and Bar are popular with locals in the evenings, with a live music a weekly occurrence. Only 30 minutes from both Cape Town city centre and the International airport, Poplars is the ideal escape for conferences, corporate events and private events, including weddings. The restaurant is open daily from 10am for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

Lovely fireplace on this rainy day.
Ordered the Mushroom risotto (with truffle oil, parmesan & rocket), and my friend ordered the beef fillet (most tender and juicy meat). Both dishes exceptional! Nom nom nom... This place should be packed...

Reviewed 13 June 2016

Went for lunch on Sunday 12 June - Greeted like I was a child "Hi" - nothing more, nothing less..
Requested a glass of water, had to remind the waiter who'm I gave order to, again ~ The water eventually arrived with the wine - which I asked to be decanted - the little girly [never introduced her as our waiter or whatever..] told me she cannot as she cannot find the one decanter they have. FOOD WAS GOOD. We wanted to leave, not getting the bill, got up and walked to reception area to pay - the {I assume, manager} came to assist. He was not sure about our bill, excused himself then, walking past me SLIPPED HIS HAND ON MY HIPS <erogenous zone!!!> BIG NO-NO Sir!!! - never to come back to complete the assistance! The girly came after a while, not apologizing for her neglecting us, or for the poor service, completed the transaction, then asked us to leave the foyer so she can stand outside where she might get a WiFi signal in order for our transaction to be completed - what shambles! What a disappointment..! Stay AWAY..!

1  Thank Andre V
Reviewed 7 June 2016

I would like to say thanks to Poplars for everything on Saturday the 4th of June. Our event was the BEST. Every time I come to Poplars I get the best service ever. Thank you very much.
I will definitely come again for the lamb shrank

1  Thank ZandieM1
Reviewed 25 May 2016

One of my favourite restaurants - awesome setting, great food, and my all time favourite red wine, Music!

1  Thank Rob001WP
Reviewed 23 May 2016

As a family with a fairly wide variety of preferences we've enjoyed the place, the setting, the service and especially the food. The menu is not your typical family type restaurant - not a mile long, but a good mix of selective specialties and very good food and very well prepared exactly how you ordered it - e.g. medium rare is exactly medium rare :-)

2  Thank JP-Africa