All reviews pizza cape town no lift reception desk nice pool area the general manager excellent service loft room air conditioner easy access rooms are spacious business stay vineyards lounge microwave meeting closet
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Best way to enjoy the winelands and what the city of Cape Town has to offer. If the city is not ideal for you, try staying right outside. easy access to the city bowl, airport and the winelands. beautiful veiws and much much less traffic

Room tip: Chose the self catering units. Best veiws and lots of room for families
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2018

Dear Jabulanim

Thank you for taking the time to complete you trip advisor review and to write down your additional positive feedback after your recent stay with us at Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville.

I am delighted to hear that the hotel were so friendly and efficient. Your commendations of the hotel and our location in particular are highly valued, and I wish to assure you that we have congratulated the team for doing such an outstanding job!

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville again soon.

Regards

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stayed here for a week and had mixed views about my stay this time. The room was clean but freezing cold and the heating allowed this to warm up but then became like a sauna

The food was good for breakfast but my advice is to not eat here in the evening as the service and food is quite poor. I had a surf and turf one evening and although the steak was cooked to my instructions the cut of the steak was so poor I had to leave over half the steak itself

OK is you want something reasonable and need to be in the area but does not compare to some of the boutique guest houses in the suburb in my opinion

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Martin

Thank you for taking the time to regarding your online feedback and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding the air condition and the food service by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Your feedback is imperative for us to ensure that our GUESTS’ expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotels again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have just spent 9 nights at this wonderful hotel

The staff were some of the most pleasant I have ever met - interested in you as a guest and always up for a chat

The pool is empty but we know that and there is a good reason for it - I do however think that pool side beds could still be offered so that we could enjoy working on our tan!

Another minor issue is the grouting in the shower - it is really black and dirty and could do with a good wiping down

Other than those couple of points I can only sing the praises for this lovely property - well done to all of you!

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank travellingman64
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville for your recent travels to Cape Town.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Kind Regards
gm@phdurbanville.com
+27 21 913 9256

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Relaxing for a quick breakaway from kids work and every day rat race.....Friday half price pizzas are delish....thank you ......breakfast is basic but tasteful....beds ate super comfortable and if I could fit that and the pillows in my car I would. ....awesome friendly staff...helpful engaging...will defs be back

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Protea Hotel Durbanville, your feedback will be shared with the relevant Management TEAM.

We strive to not only meet but exceed GUEST expectations at every opportunity and create a memorable experience for all. We look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Kind regards

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I expected so much more. The room sink was leaking , the self catering units don’t have a microwave - sheets were dirty and the cleaners just walk in even when your not dressed.

The restaurant is dark and gloomy during the day and outside the chairs are dirty and dusty like the covers have never been washed - the quality of food was alright but I was so disappointed in everything else. Expected so much more.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property, the feedback will be shared with the relevant TEAM members ensuring the shortfall does not re-occur in the future.

At Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Durbanville we strive to not only meet but exceed GUEST expectations at every opportunity and in so creating a memorable experience daily.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

We look forward to wecloming you back soonest whenever your travels do bring you back to the Durbanville Winelands.

Kind regards