All reviews pizza cape town no lift bedroom apartment recommend this hotel to anyone reception desk hotel is situated small kitchen nice pool area the general manager excellent service the managers air conditioner easy access business stay conference facilities vineyards
Reviewed 4 June 2018

Stayed here for a week and had mixed views about my stay this time. The room was clean but freezing cold and the heating allowed this to warm up but then became like a sauna

The food was good for breakfast but my advice is to not eat here in the evening as the service and food is quite poor. I had a surf and turf one evening and although the steak was cooked to my instructions the cut of the steak was so poor I had to leave over half the steak itself

OK is you want something reasonable and need to be in the area but does not compare to some of the boutique guest houses in the suburb in my opinion

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Dear Martin

Thank you for taking the time to regarding your online feedback and to write down your additional comments after your recent stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville. Your feedback is highly valued and will be used constructively to maintain and improve, where necessary, our standards of service and facilities.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience you experienced. Your feedback regarding the air condition and the food service by no means reflects the high standard of quality and service that Protea Hotel by Marriott Durbanville is usually proud to offer. I confirm therefore that I have investigated your comments in a serious light and taken action to rectify the shortcomings.

Your feedback is imperative for us to ensure that our GUESTS’ expectations are being met and exceeded. Without your comments, we would never know when we are doing right, but more importantly, when we are doing wrong! Thank you for assisting us to strive for service excellence.

Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotels again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I have just spent 9 nights at this wonderful hotel

The staff were some of the most pleasant I have ever met - interested in you as a guest and always up for a chat

The pool is empty but we know that and there is a good reason for it - I do however think that pool side beds could still be offered so that we could enjoy working on our tan!

Another minor issue is the grouting in the shower - it is really black and dirty and could do with a good wiping down

Other than those couple of points I can only sing the praises for this lovely property - well done to all of you!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank travellingman64
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for choosing the Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville for your recent travels to Cape Town.

Commitment to service and guest satisfaction is a main focus and we are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. The pride and dedication our hotel team takes in providing exceptional customer service to our valued guests speaks strongly to our company’s core values, “good service at a fair price.”

Thank you again for taking the time to provide your feedback on the Guest Satisfaction Survey and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Kind Regards
gm@phdurbanville.com
+27 21 913 9256

Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

Relaxing for a quick breakaway from kids work and every day rat race.....Friday half price pizzas are delish....thank you ......breakfast is basic but tasteful....beds ate super comfortable and if I could fit that and the pillows in my car I would. ....awesome friendly staff...helpful engaging...will defs be back

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Protea Hotel Durbanville, your feedback will be shared with the relevant Management TEAM.

We strive to not only meet but exceed GUEST expectations at every opportunity and create a memorable experience for all. We look forward to welcoming you back soonest.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I expected so much more. The room sink was leaking , the self catering units don’t have a microwave - sheets were dirty and the cleaners just walk in even when your not dressed.

The restaurant is dark and gloomy during the day and outside the chairs are dirty and dusty like the covers have never been washed - the quality of food was alright but I was so disappointed in everything else. Expected so much more.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our property, the feedback will be shared with the relevant TEAM members ensuring the shortfall does not re-occur in the future.

At Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Durbanville we strive to not only meet but exceed GUEST expectations at every opportunity and in so creating a memorable experience daily.

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience experienced.

We look forward to wecloming you back soonest whenever your travels do bring you back to the Durbanville Winelands.

Reviewed 1 March 2018 via mobile

Warm welcome on arrival. Spacious rooms. Breakfast to go available if you leaving early in the morning. Dinner available for room service or in restaurant on premises. Great service. Boomed off security entrance for safe parking of cars.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
PHDhotel, General Manager at Protea Hotel Cape Town Durbanville, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Dear valued GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Protea hotel by Marriott Cape Town Durbanville.

We strive to not only meet but exceed GUEST expectations at every opportunity and in so creating memorable experiences for all.

Looking forward to welcoming you back soonest, whenever your travels bring you back the area for either business or leisure.