“One of my favorite restaurants!”
Review of Osteria I Santi

Osteria I Santi
Ranked #1 of 52 Restaurants in Mercogliano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

We have been here many times, taken many friends and always leave barely able to walk! A fair warning, the walk to this restaurant is a steep hill...don't wear heels! There is a waiter who speaks some great English and he's always very helpful. We always get a great bottle of wine. Try to do as many courses as possible. My favorite dish is the pasta with the mushrooms and truffles. They actually brought a truffle over to grate onto the pasta! It was lovely. Can't wait to come again. And like everyone else said, definitely don't eat all day before coming here.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We had dinner there and the meat is very very nice. Nice restaurant. Nice location. I do recommend. Have dinner and enjoy afterwards an icecream next to I Santi.
Price very reasonable,

Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Great food great people. I liked everything. They offer you what they have and you enjoy what you want. Try to eat whatever they serve and go there with empty stomach. Price quality balance is perfect. One of the best restaurant i would easily say.

Reviewed 21 June 2016 via mobile

We've been to Rome, Tuscany, Lombardy, Puglia and Foggia so far on our Italian tour. We happened to stop in Mercogliano because a great-grandfather immigrated to the US from here.

Francesco has made us absolutely the best meal we've had so far in all of these regions of Italy. To start, we had a spoon of the freshest ricotta imaginable. That was followed by a tower of thin zucchini layered with cheese alternating with tomatoes. On the same plate was bruschetta with the sweetest of tomatoes and herbs.

Next came a plate of delicious treats. Sausage wrapped in cabbage, an egg flan with black truffles, a red pepper emulsion mixed with oil and probably bread crumbs, a large mushroom with sweet balsamic vinegar and greens, potato with cheese and meat, and more (photo).

At this point we were stuffed. But we felt we had to try a few bites of pasta so we had a fusilli with onion, bacon and herbs. Wonderful.

Now further stuffed we had a small dessert. Creamy ricotta covered with chocolate and some powdered sugar. Time for a nap!

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Thank you for such a beautiful meal.

Reviewed 16 April 2016

We currently live in Avellino, and LOVE this place. It was recommended to us by families that used to live here and it is hands down one of the best places in town. There is a menu of the day and they bring heaping plates of amazing food from all local ingredients. There are 4 huge course that you can try to eat or opt out of one or more -the appetizers are always amazing and the past is all hand made. This is a dining experience and should not be missed. I can not say enough good things about this place and its customer service is top notch!! A little bit hard to find as it is built on the mountain side and actually into the side of the mountain !! You can park at the square in Mercogliano and walk up or drive up the mountain and walk down- totally worth the walk.