All reviews castle spa pleasant stay star wing all ages comfortable bathroom breakfast and dinner direct connection durer relaxation pools stars wellness border city delights children fortress
Reviewed 22 June 2018

The stay at Erkel Hotel is always nice and pleasant to us. Nicely maintained, nicely decorated with rich offerings from the delights of the Spa to the delights of the restaurants. We stayed at Munkácsy Building the 3 star wing. Rooms are spacious and clean.The food is varied and above all very tasty. We enjoyed every moment. The staff is pleasant and friendly and with professional approach. It is directly linked to the Spa and everything is well organized. Extremely nice place to relax and unwind. From the rooms is a great view to the local Gyula castle and also there is the possbility to walk to the park around the castle and the small lake. The city center is very close. Like many great restaurants and patisserie. The Castle Spa offers unforgettable pleasure to guests' relaxation, recreation and medical treatment. I therefore recommend this beautiful hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2018

The hotel is connected with the Caste spa and pools by a warm passage. Food and service at the hotel is great. Comfortable rooms, comfortable bathroom, wi-fi catastrophic did not work. Outdoor pools are in the beautiful yard.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

My family and I stayed here for 7 days, in the Durer part.
Receptionist: he was one of the major problems... he was so full of himself, he was like :” oh what do you want? I don’t want to deal with you right now.” He should learn how to deal with customers and learn some manner to able to talk with women...
Hotel: from the outside the hotel is not that nice, a renovation is needed. The inside is good. The view is also nice but the trees should be cut into forms to be able to see the castle.
Rooms: awesome rooms, the beds are comfortable. The towels were replaced one time during the 6 nights...
The bar: the only best thing about the hotel. There are tea and water which you can consume without paying.
The pool and the wellness: the pool in the hotel is tiny. Although there is the wellness next to the hotel but it should be bigger. Other problem is the rust. And the smell of urine is everywhere..However, the receptionists in the wellness were very friendly
The worst part is the food. I could say it is ridiculous. Breakfast is not that various: coldcuts, cheese, scrambled egg(which was green btw) and sausage, if it was the only problem I wouldn’t be complaining but the dinner was awful.
We had to wait for more than half an hour to be able to order even though the servers were talking to each other so they were not that busy. When I asked him if he could come and take the order he was annoyed...
Food during dinner were not just boring but inedible... and if you don’t go down in time then it’s your problem that you can’t choose from the whole variety of food since they do not prepare for more... ridiculous...
And yes, there are no tablecloths..
Furthermore, the woman who was singing well she was good but very loud.
And the most “beautiful “ thing is that almost every dinner night I found some dirt on my glass or on my fork etc...
This hotel should be a 2 star hotel.. not more...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Danielle1421
Reviewed 6 December 2017

had a pleasant stay even though it was very crowded especially at the aquapark. Do not find free beds. Enter more people than capacity. Breakfast and dinner good enough, serving ok. Comfortable rooms, comfortable bathroom, wi-fi catastrophic did not work. Staff ok. When paying with your bank card, you are stealing, practice a 6% exchange rate between HUF and EUR. Check before you pay or choose a different payment method. I asked to pay in HUF but set in Euro the payment and I had the difference of 40 euro to 800 paid. I will never come back

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel it's self is nice, but the aqua park is totaly not worth it. It only opens at 10 AM and there are the largest entry queues i've ever seen except concerts. Everybody is trying to get seats. First day we didn't get to sit down because we did the mistake to go at 10.

The next day we were there at 9.15 and there was already a queue but we were fairly in front. At 10 am it was like black friday, everybody running like animals, takeing seats for friends and everybody not there. We didn't get any again. I'm super dissapointed.

All in all i don't think this vacation was relaxing. I was planning to quietly read a book and the pool side and take some warm baths after a long year.

For 30 euros more per night in Felix you get 5 stars, a spa that is still crowded but people don't behave like animals and there are no queues for anything, in the same period of the year.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple