All reviews huge tv powerful shower the ground floor bar area night stay for sunday lunch buffet style full english lovely break golf village wedding wardrobe courses kinema
Reviewed 27 August 2018

I spent 1 night here while travelling in the area, first impressions from outside is this is going to be an older style property but the minute you walk in the door you realise this is an ultra modern hotel, the room was amazing with everything you could want and a massive TV wall mounted.
I had a meal in the restaurant which was really good and very well priced, good bar with brilliant outside seating area
If I am allowed one small quibble, breakfast in the morning was very good but the serving utensils were stainless and left in place under the heat lamps - Ouchy !!!

Certainly if I am down here again I will have no hesitation in booking in here again.

Stayed: July 2018
1  Thank Bryon G
Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Currently working away and got to say staying here made time away alot better great room amazing staff and food was brilliant can't fault this hotel highly recommended plus bar open late and early breakfast will defo be bk for another visit

Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for one night in June whilst on a business trip with colleagues.

Hotel has character and is set back off the road in a lovely quiet environment with plenty of outside seating.

Checking was smooth and hassle free and we were in our rooms in no time. Rooms are large, decorated and furnished to a high standard. It was exceptionally hot that week and requested portable fan which was delivered promptly.

Ate our evening meal at the hotel which was delivered promptly and tasted delicious. Breakfast was equally as tasty and nicely presented.

Having not been to this end of the counter before I look forward to a return visit and will most definitely book into The Golf Hotel. Staff were very attentive and could not do enough for you.

Almost forgot to mention, there is a Boots and other small shops literally 2 minuets down the road.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Ipritch
Reviewed 9 July 2018

Stayed here for 4 nights room was fine,bed very comfortable.
Staff very friendly.
Little bit a TLC needed.
Any problems were sorted straight away.
My only complaint would be that the pillows could do with pillow protectors on them,and the mattres covers were replaced as the one on our bed was clean but had stains and and looked as if it had seen better days.
Over all a very plesent stay

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lindsey L
Reviewed 28 April 2018

My wife and I stayed 2 nights for my Brother's wedding. The whole wedding took place at the Golf and I would highly recommend it. Although thinly staffed like all hotels today, they were there when it mattered and the staff were very helpful and friendly. We ate in the bar on the first night and it was excellent - good portions too. The meal at the wedding reception was first class and you could tell they have a chef who knows what they are doing. It's not the Ritz, but then neither are the rates and it looks as if the place is being upgraded in stages, but from what we saw it is being done very well and the rooms are comfortable and clean. Our room was larger then many we have stayed in at other hotels. Excellent shower. Very good breakfast and service. The atmosphere is relaxing and comfortable, no stuffiness or snobbery. All of our wider family and friends seemed to like it too.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family