“Yummy!!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 January 2017

Do not expect anything fancy. This restaurant is a classic medium budget italian restaurant. It is clean and spacious and the decor is modern. Everything on the menu is very good: from the pizza, to pasta, to meat, to fries... but a special mention is for the fish. The restaurant is specialised in seafood dishes. We ordered a swordfish carpaccio as a starter. It was so big that they normally accept orders for two people and it was one of the best things I ever had. Fresh, tasty, great seasoning and mouth melting.

As a pasta course, I had the salmon pennette, served with a salmon cream. Those too were gorgeous and If the portion was not that big, I could easily have ordered another one.

At that point, I was already full up, but I already ordered the grilled sole and decided not to cancel. And thank God for that, or I would have regretted it for the rest of my days. The sole was cooked to perfection, tender and flavoursome, with a side of incredibly good french fries.

I decided to skip dessert, but everything looked delicious. Lesson learned: next time I will remember their portion sizes and save myself some room for dessert too.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

Upon arrival they will bring you a simple pizza pasta while you wait for your order.
The choice of food is good. I always take " le scaloppine al limone " because they are simply exellent. They also have good wines and I wold recommend a local Lambrusco frizzante. To finish just try the tiramisu or la macedonia di frutta ( fruit salad) .
I like this restaurant , every time I visit the ceramic valley I have lunch there , it is always a good expereince.

Reviewed 23 November 2016 via mobile

This restaurant is always busy because they deserve to be. Excellent food fantastic waiters and honest price. If you like pizza pasta fish or meat don't worry you can't go wrong In this restaurant.

Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

Excellent value. The pizza is great. Fish fantastic. The pasta is perfect. We didn't have meat but I saw other people wiping their plates clean. Ate here many times and always excellent food and the waiters the owner and the girl who does the bill in the end are all professional and pleasant people. Actually the best restaurant in modena and reggio emilia!

Reviewed 11 November 2015

We had a wonderful meal at Due Madonne. Very nice seating area and an exceptional good menu. Also very attentive staff. Observing all the locals having a take away meal or taking a seat in the restaurant this is a popular place. Definitely a place to come back to.