“Perfect get away from it all, quiet and relaxing”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Foalies Bridge

Lounge looking towards front of house
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Lounge looking towards front of house
Lounge looking towards the rear of house
Kitchen
Dining area with views of marina and wetlands
Bedroom 1 en-suite
View of the marina
Wetlands looking South
Wetlands looking North
Just one small Pike caught right here at Foalies Bridge
Boat available for hire with house
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Lynda O
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Perfect get away from it all, quiet and relaxing”
Reviewed 21 September 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Extremely clean and comfortable accommodation, with everything you would need for your stay. Beds very comfortable and it was so peaceful it was difficult to get out of bed in the mornings. A warm welcome on arrival from Kevin and Charmaine, with Kevin providing local knowledge and assistance to our two teenage boys who were keen to start fishing. A boat was available for hire so they could go further afield in the hope of catching bigger fish, exploring the various rivers and lochs. A car is necessary to tour the beautiful surrounding area if you wish. If it's peace and quiet you need, then is is the place to come. The Seven Horseshoes in town is a must for an excellent meal out.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful location
Liked least: Narrow access road
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
seamyo
belfast
“great house”
Reviewed 8 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

I stayed in follies bridge for a weekend the house was wonderful very bright and clean everything you needed was supplied the beds were very comfortable etc Kevin who looks after the place could not be more helpful all and all my friends and I have booked it again we liked it that much so we can't wait to return

Travelling group: Friends
Richard B
“Even better than the photos”
Reviewed 25 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We stayed here last weekend in July, two families of four, house was fantastic with a great layout and plenty of space not to mention how clean it was. Kevin was very friendly and only a phone call away if we encountered any problems. We would definitely recommend this house to others. We had a great weekend away with plenty of activities on the waterways and at the share centre. We will definitely be returning again.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Angela221...
Wrexham County, United Kingdom
“An excellent place to stay in Ireland”
Reviewed 10 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015

The property was immaculate, very well equipped, comfortable and private. we enjoyed our stay immensely and would highly recommend this place to anybody who wants to visit northern and central Ireland. I would like to thank Kevin Carrihill especially as he was very helpful and friendly, plus as we left the property exactly as we found it we had our deposit paid back in full. So if you are planning a visit to northern or Central Ireland this is the place to stay.

Management Response
20 Aug 2015
Thank you for your kind words. The old sayings are so true, look after your holiday home and your guests will look after it too, give your guests a clean house and they will give it back the same way on departure. Thank you so much for treating our holiday home as you would your own. It was a pleasure hosting you and your family and we do hope to see you again in the near future. Many thanks.
Ken W
Dingwall, United Kingdom
“An excellent base from which to tour the Irish border counties”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I booked this property to be used as a base by three pals and myself. We planned to tour the Irish border counties on our motorbikes. The property looked good on the web page, almost too good in view of the competitive price. When we arrived I was so delighted. The property was as good as the advertisement, better even! The house was immaculate and so well equipped. It is very comfortable. My phone signal was not very good at this location but the free wi-fi provision was excellent and much appreciated.
I agree with the previous reviewer, Sylvia P, that Victoria did not come close to describing the property fairly. I suspect she had an alternative agenda which is not helpful to anyone who might consider renting this property.
Kevin met me and showed me round the property, describing the facilities, how things operate and clearly stating that there is an additional charge for gas. This gas charge came as no surprise as it was clearly stated on the web page. The security gates were very reassuring for us motorcyclists. There was no fear of a bike being removed overnight.
For me this trip was all about motorcycling with my pals but this property and its surroundings was so pleasant that it is quite probable that I will return with my partner and take more time to enjoy the area.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house!!
Liked least: I have to try hard to find a negative! My phone signal was not great but wi-fi made up for that.
Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 50-64
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
20 Jun 2015
Hi Ken, it certainly was a pleasure welcoming you and your biking buddies. I was apprehensive about accepting a booking from a group of bikers but I need not have worried at all. Ken and his biking buddies were very respectful and a pleasure to host and are very welcome back to any of our holiday homes again.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;