“Sky dive”
Review of Skydive Hinton

Skydive Hinton
Ranked #1 of 11 things to do in Brackley
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I can’t express how amazing every single person who works there are, they made me feel safe amd excited even though I was super anxious. I’ll be back in the summer!

All reviews
"great guy"
"extra money"
"her friend"
in 2 reviews
"thoroughly enjoyed the experience"
"safe hands"
"absolutely amazing experience"
"staff were professional"
"out of this world"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I visited here today Sunday the 4th February to do my tandem skydive I was welcomed with a lovely lady who was very helpful went through to do a bit of training our instructor was called Matt he was amazing and I’d like to thank him for being so fantastic throughout the morning I was there I had a lovely morning thank you to all the staff you do an amazing job keep up the good work guys thanks again Matt.Sharon Franklin

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I arranged a 16th birthday skydive for my Son at skydive Hinton. I researched everything online before I visted, so I knew that this was a properly licenced centre with excellent reviews over many years. The owners have a long professional track record and so I made my bookings in advance (I didn't feel the need to wander around an active airfield to inspect operations in advance of the big day).
On the big day of my sons skydive, I noticed that there were a number of companies who use different parts of the airfield (gliders, farmers and other ground businesses). Because it's an active airfield, I personally appreciated being directed to the right place (so I didn't end up getting in the way or an aircraft on its approach, taxi or take-off which could have put us all in danger). Everyone I met was highly focussed on two things. 1. safety, 2. taking care of visitors. Some of of the Skydive Hinton staff have different accents but they all have one thing in common - a big smile and a warm welcome.
On the big day, I decided to pay a little extra to get an in-air video and photographs for my son, so he could show his friends the fun he'd had. That was a great call and he still re-lives the whole experience from time to time. I even had the opportunity to jump on the same day with my son. That really was a buzz and a great bonding experience but it doesn't aways happen (most places are booked well in advance).
Since that day, I've met people who are nervous about taking part in a risky activty. Some of them seem to use other reasons as excuses for never making that skydive (usually blaming other people). To those nervous people, I would say simply... that YOU are the one who makes yourself feel the way you do (not others). So, get control of your own feelings. If you're nervous, tell your instructor and the staff. They are skiled and experienced at helping people to overcome 'inner demons'. But please, whatever you do, don't take your own anxieties out on other people with petulant fits and unreasonable demands, because that's just plain unfair (especially if you didn't have the guts to even TRY). I personally will recomend Skydive Hinton to all my friends.

1  Thank Abutdedo
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I drove up to Hinton air field to check out the place with the idea of booking a surprise jump for a family member with my son and to check out the delta force paintball place , we took a wrong turn over some bumpy ground in full view of the diving school area (but in no way near danger )and found the right way eventually and parked up to let my son admire the guys coming down from their jump ,before I knew it I had some chap come marching towards me asking if I was lost in the most sarcastic manner and before I could utter the words to explain our presence there he took a photo of my reg plate on my car as if securing evidence of some illegal act ,told me that they get a few undesirables coming to the area and they have to be vigilant and that I was on private property and I should have noticed the sign on the way in ? I felt unwelcome ,judged and intimidated all at once I explained I lived local but had a different accent , my words were lost as he found the camera on his bloody phone. If he explained himself in a more polite manner and hadn't been so instantly judgemental this review would be a whole lot more positive .

1  Thank Robert P
Geoff W, Owner at Skydive Hinton, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2017

Hi Robert,

I fail to see what this has to do with Hinton Skydiving Centre.

The guy that challenged you does not work for the centre and therefore I am unable to understand your logic in taking your grievance out on us?!

Geoff Wood
Director
Hinton Skydiving Centre

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Wow what an experience, I went there last weekend to do my very first skydive and it was amazing. The people who work there are extremely friendly and welcoming. The instructors are brilliant and very funny, they not only explain everything to you as many times as you want and don’t get annoyed by it, but they also do it in a way that is fun, down to earth and reassuring. My instructor Stuart Meacock was, in my eyes the best. Not only did he make me feel so safe and secure, but he also talked to me the whole time, or should I say listened to me, as I was darting 101 questions at him right up until jumping out of the plane, answering any questions that I asked no matter how silly they may have seemed. I am still buzzing from it now and can’t wait to do another one. In fact because of Stuart and how kind and reassuring he was, I am now saving to do my AFF level one course in skydiving. I would definitely recommend not only skydiving but this company in particular as they were fantastic.