Astwell Mill(Brackley)
US$117
US$111
Premier Inn Silverstone(Silverstone)(Great Value!)
Love2Yurt(Brackley)
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I stopped off at the Crown Hotel for one very unpleasant nights stay.
On arrival It didn’t look to bad, the bar area looked As though it was clean and tidy (first impression) where you checked in is to the right of the bar which looked a bit worst for wear and the poor bar person was doing both jobs even though 2 other people were in the back office.
It went down hill from here on, I was handed a the remote control for my tv after some serious discussion about my payment already having been processed but they still insisted I had to pay (I didn’t )
On entering my room I noticed the extreme cold ( no heating) so I tried turning the radiators on but they were already on full with no heat in the pipes, the secondary glazing also wouldn’t close and kept dropping, I went back down to reception to tell them. I was told the heating had just been turned on , which I couldn’t believe as it hadn’t got much above 1oC all day and after great discussion through lack of understanding of English language about the secondary glazing in the room , the 2mysterious people from the office behind the reception sprung into action went upstairs leaving the poor bar person to man bar and check in the 10 workmen who just arrived .
I stood back and waited on the 2 arriving back to the desk. After 10/15 mins I asked if my room was ok ? And in broken English I was told yes heating working and glass closed.
When I arrived back in my room I realised how bad it really was cheap pine furniture old taty bed cheap carpet shower unit looked newish but also broken.
I went to the bar got s drink after the poor bar person again ran between the bar ,reception and the restaurant.
I thought that as the restaurant was getting a few customers maybe the food would be ok, alas this wasn’t to be I order3d the homemade burger which took a age to to come but I wasn’t in a rush so waited. When the food arrived I started to eat it but did wonder about the bun , it looked like a cheap shop bought one and as I delved deeper by taking the burger apart as it was impossible to eat as it was stacked so high, I came across the burger which didnt look like a rustic homemade burger but instead it looked like a shop bought one and on tasting it I confirmed it was cheap processed burger and by looking at it , I think the reason it was so long coming it must’ve had to be defrosted before cooking.
When I was table checked I explained my dismay , the staff member told me ‘we don’t say it’s homemade’ so I pointed out in the menu , she the took my plate off to the kitchen came back apologised and offered something else , I thought I couldn’t go wrong with real meat like a steak so I ordered the Rib eye M/R it arrived in super quick time , probably because it was such a thin piece of rib eye and it had been cooked to within an inch of its life not pink never mind M/R

So the moral to this is if you read a review on Tripadvisor take notice of what other have said recently before you

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank James D
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

What can I say? Totally disgusted that this Restaurant (if you can call it that) is still allowed to be open!
Dirty, tired, inedible food and poor service.
After waiting 1 hour after ordering our food we were told that every single order had to be changed as they did not have the ingredients needed to cook the food.
When it arrived there was finger marks all over the sandwiches?? My children who would usually be over the moon at being able to have salt on their chips, could not eat them.
Men smoking in the toilets, feet sticking to the floor......
And to top the whole thing off, when we left I checked the hygiene rating, a 3!Lesson learnt, I will always check this beforehand in future.
Altogether ripped off and the feeling that I will probably be ill this evening!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank diner2468
Reviewed 30 March 2018

We had lunch here today & without any doubt this has to be one of the worst places we've dined at for some time !

What started out to be a almost comical situation quickly turned into a nightmare. 45 minutes after ordering the waitress finally reappeared to inform us that each of the 6 orders we had placed needed to be changed for various reasons. When the food finally did make a appearance a full 1 hour later it was extremely poor, the children’s fish was full of bones & almost burnt. The chips were covered in so much salt they were not fit for consumption. I’m unsure how food could be cooked so badly & take so long especially as there were only 3 other diners in the restaurant. Extremely poor quality & service.

Room Tip: I can't imagine what it must be like to actually stay there !
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank OxfordDiner186361
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Spent a few weeks here while working in the area, we stayed in various rooms during our stay and all were very nice and had comfortable beds and great showers.
Breakfast was very poor, its a buffet system, was always poorly stocked and most of the time everything was cremated.
The bar while often busy was always understaffed and a long wait was inevitable. Everyone seemed to be in slow motion . With no intention of speeding up.
For what you pay to stay here its ok value but could be so much better,

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve D
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I arrived and the hotel appeared a bit tired
The welcome at reception was worse
The room was awful and stank of butchers outside
After a long walk around Brackley I returned