Laguna Beach Club
US$8
Agoda.com
US$60
US$45
Hotel El Conquistador(Managua)(Great Value!)
US$64
TripAdvisor
Hotel El Club(Granada)
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspaddle boardsday tripentrance feeother placesorder food and drinksplenty of chairsbring your ownprivate roomfree coffeeinner tubesgreat spotshared kitchencool offtable tennisfun and relaxinglife jacketswater activities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We spent one night here and it was a really impressive place with kayaking, SUP, pétanque, and table tennis all included in the price of your stay.

The location was amazing and we saw monkeys and birds making their way around the property.

My only gripe has to be about the food. For instance, we ordered a quesadilla that cost $6 and it was tiny (literally the size of my palm) and pasta for around the same price that was also very small. Pretty sure they could qualify as kids meals in most other establishments. Then we woke up early to have breakfast before going to Mambacho one morning and our order took nearly an hour to arrive. One of the dishes was supposed to be fruit and yogurt and the yogurt was off (tasted like cheese).

To summarise, fantastic place to stay but I recommend going out to eat food or bring your own as the food is pretty terrible, if they fix that then I think it’s probably a 5 Star joint.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Philips-trips, Owner at Laguna Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Brendan,
Thank you for your review! We will make an investigation into the food issue. We REALLY apologize that it did not meet your expectations and I will personally meet with the restaurant staff since this is really not acceptable to anyone. Again, our sincerest apologies.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay otherwise:-)

Tamara

Reviewed 3 March 2018

As I write, this is our third and last night here. The rooms are very clean, the grounds are well looked after, the staff is friendly, and the food in the restaurant is more than decent. But what really sets this place apart for me is how helpful the receptionist, Kenya, has been. My iPhone fell out of my pocket in a taxi, and Kenya was so kind in sending messages to my phone from her phone, and eventually arranging a taxi driver to take me to the barrios of Granada, where I had traced my phone using Find My iPhone. It was really helpful that Kenya speaks excellent English. Through her assistance, and that of the taxi driver (Franco, who can be Whats App'd at +505 8151 8944), I was able to retrieve my phone. Kenya has also agreed to help by mailing some postcards for me as we can't get to the post office before our departure tomorrow (the post office at the airport is closed on Sundays). Such amazing staff really make Laguna Beach Club outstanding.

The only issues I would note are that on weekends, the place can be packed with day trippers. Also the kayaks and paddle boards are a bit clunky (but adequate). One nice thing is there's a staff person who helps with getting the equipment on and off the beach, and the beach is not rocky like some of the other places in Apoyo. All in all, a nice to place to relax - the water is warm and wonderful to swim in.

Note: for budget travellers, there is kitchen that guest can use to do their own cooking, and a little store just outside the grounds.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

We had a great time here for the afternoon. Plenty of spaces for groups to set up, although it does get full by late morning on weekends. There are even private spots that you can pay extra for (eg lounge beds etc). They have a full service restaurant and bar, but also allow you to bring in coolers, food and will even provide a grill if you bring your own food. Kayaks included. We have a toddler and he had a great time swimming. There are some ledges on the property so beware with really small children.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Philips-trips, Owner at Laguna Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2018

Hi Katon14,
Thank you for visiting The Laguna Beach Club! It was so thoughtful of you to take the time to write a complete review - much appreciated! Please visit us again soon!

Tamara

Reviewed 13 February 2018

I was traveling with 2 friends and our tour guide brought us here for the afternoon. Boy, was it amazing! It was such a fun and relaxing location to just swim, lay out on the floating docks, and paddle board. It doesn't really have strict rules...meaning no one tells us we MUST wear wife jackets or anything. So it's great to just have no restrictions...but anyone who can't swim shouldn't go here lol.

The food there is also pretty good! I recommend this spot to anyone who wants to work on their tan, swim, and have a leisurely day. Prior to coming to Laguna, my friends and I had been on the road, adventuring for days! So to come to this, we had such a good time to just hang out and relax for a bit.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends

Hi Andrea,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Laguna Beach Club with other travelers. Glad to hear we provided some much needed relaxation and hangout time.

We hope you continue to enjoy your travels and adventures!

Don and Tamara

Reviewed 13 February 2018 via mobile

Looks a bit rundown, food very expensive for what you get, classical tourist trap, beach equipment pretty old and kinda useless due to heavy current (yes, it‘s a lake but a lot of wind means heavy current)

Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Fabian,
Sorry to learn we did not meet your expectations for an enjoyable visit. We normally get great reviews from our clients about our beach equipment (all less than 4 years old) and attention to the facilities. Never the less,we don't suite everyone's taste which is why reviews/photos on TripAdvisor are so valuable to travelers.

Never the less, we hope you enjoyed your travels in Nicaragua overall.

Don and Tamara