“ England v Belgium x 7 family ”

Sea Horse Sports Bar
Ranked #29 of 66 Restaurants in El Cotillo
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Good sized bar with good bar prices & extensive snack menu, we had an enjoyable few hours in there but was spoilt right at the end by being accused not paying for a round of drinks!
The order was taken at the table by a friendly Scottish guy who I think is one of the owners, we got served by a tall Spanish waiter who we paid immediately & change was given.
Then we ordered a few more drinks individually, then after leaving we stood watching the Sunset & was approached by a lady who I think is the co owner saying that a bar bill for a large round of drinks hadn't been paid for! !
We explained to her we'd paid straight away & she went back inside & we waited outside expecting an apology which never came!
We'd planned to return but after that no chance!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Sat outside in the sun sheltered from the wind by the clear screens, while taking in the great view of the sea. Got talking to the bar man, a great guy called John. Easy to talk to and a great incite to the Cortillo life. Just one of lifes nice guys.
There was a bit of music, which was a novelty as none of the other bars have any playing. Inside the football was being shown on a multitude of screens. The place is just enough British sports bar, serving draft Guinness and Stella, but without losing the feeling you're on holiday. Local beers are from 1.50 Euro's and wine was 2.50 euro's. My wife won't normally drink Spanish wine - this however went down really well!
The food looked good as it was coming out, mainly pub food like burgers - we had hot dogs later in the night which were fantastic.
The locals, a lot of ex-pats, that where drinking there, were all really sociable and happy to chat - all providing a really memorable day.
Defiantly a great place to visit, cheap drinks, great view, great staff, great service.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

This place has the best fish & chips I have tasted in a long time. The owner told me it was his grandmothers Scottish recipe she had handed down. All I can say is that it is a family treasure.

1  Thank ozisteve2018
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Never been to El Cortillo before so wasnt to sure where everything was. But we found The SeaHorse . A little piece of England in a very hot and sunny country lol. John is brilliant as a host and a barman. The pub had a good mixture of locals and holiday makers as everyone mixed with no problem. We went in for the fish and chips and mushy peas not a big fish eater but this was totally different. It was the nicest fish and chips Ive ever had. Everyone was so freindly and I loved the place and will remember The Seahorse for a long time.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

What a fantastic place to get a good English breakfast and a proper mug of tea. Keith and his team run a very friendly and relaxed place which gives you what you want for breki. So if you only want a sausage on toast that's what you pay for as all items are individually priced. Needless to say I was having large. Its has a marvellous view south along the cliffs with the breakers crashing in. Fantastic. It is though a sports bar and shows all sorts of different footy matches in the evenings on six different tele's so pick your match. Nothing to do in this town after 10pm. It is just so laid back here. I arrived most mornings to find John from Glasgow ready to take my order and make my mug of tea. He was a really nice genuine fella. I was having trouble finding out about my transfer back to the airport but said don't worry. if they don't show we'll sort you a lift out. How nice was that. He also found the non league footy results for me. Always had time for a chat. Great