All reviews alona beach minute walk to the beach free wifi hot water place to stay convenience store bars and restaurants resort philippines sheets diving
Reviewed 11 March 2018

I stayed at this property for 4 nights last month. I had been to Panglao before and since this latest trip was strictly for diving, I was looking for something convenient, reasonably priced, and clean. Paragayo Resort fit all the criteria.

The hotel is located at the intersection of the main road and the beach access road. It is conveniently located to restaurants, transportation, and it is a 5-minute walk to the beach area, where most of the dive shops are. Noise from the main road may disturb some people, although I had a room towards the back garden and I didn't notice any of it.

The room itself was basic and clean. It had all the amenities that I needed for this trip - bed, aircon, bathroom, and an in-room safe. Don't expect much more for this price range. The aircon was on the weak side to keep the room cool during the day but it was sufficiently cool at night. The hotel also had WiFi but you had to sit outside the room to get a stronger signal.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel to those persons looking for a short stay in the Panglao area. It is a similar value to other hotels in the Philippines that are in this price range.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 February 2018

Booked for 4 days and 5 nights with a group and extended my stay for 2 night as a solo traveler. Please be aware that I actually didn't stay at the hotel much as I went out diving during most of the day and take this review for what it's worth. The staff was very nice and helpful. The hotel staff during all shifts were very nice and helped me in any way they can. I can't stress how nice they were! One small complaint I have to make is the location of the resort as it is located closer to the busier part of Alona street and the noise during the night can be heard in the room, which disturbed my sleep. Then again, there is nothing what the hotel can do and any future travelers should be aware of this. As a diver, the shower was a bit weak in my opinion and there are no amenities provided (besides towels) which is fine for the given value. Overall, a great stay for its value.

Stayed: February 2018
Reviewed 4 February 2018

With WIFI, safe box, decent bath room in size (40 sqf) and in condition. Good value for money resort.

Yes, no swimming pool, but only 5 to 8 mins walk down to the Alona beach with crystal clear water.

Only a bit noise over the evening or till 0300 hrs as there are a stage in 500M distance, where some singers and some disco music over the weekend.

Enjoy to see outside the room with some bamboo chairs and over looking the courtyard, the Philippines scenery, coconut tree, coconut rooftop, coconut burning smell in the morning.

Definitely will book again!

Room Tip: away from the main road
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Even though this resort is on the cheaper side it's still £20 for a standard double room. The rooms are dated and very basic and have a distinct smell about them! I wouldn't rush back here. Beds comfy

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Cute little hotel with no frills. I upgraded to a suite for an extra $10 a night, but I am not sure if the room was any different than regular rooms. Overall, the room was sparse, but it had a bed and bathroom and everything was CLEAN. So I was happy :)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends