All reviews philippine fun divers beach front dive shop small pool hot water mini bar a bit pricey diving driver jacuzzi pesos signal
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The rooms were very clean and all facilities we working perfectly. The staff from the security guard in the parking lot, to the reception and wait staff were well attired, groomed and professional. The food and beverage services were timely and well prepared. Overall the atmosphere with direct beach access to Alona was superb.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I love the cold air breeze in the morning just outside your room. Its very close to alona beach were you could just walk like 2mins to reach the water and swim. They also have a pool and a good restaurant.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Duane B, Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2017

Hi Liyapoooh, good day!

Thank very much for staying with us. I appreciate your time sharing your experienced during your stay. We hope to see you again on your next visit. Regards!

Reviewed 29 August 2017

What I love about the place is that it is beachfront so it is already relaxing especially during the early morning and later nights. However, seawater is not really impressive but the white sands are awesome.

Amenities are okay. The rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable to sleep in. The bathroom is okay with hot and cold showers but the water is kinda weird. Wifi is adequate with little interruptions but connections are okay. The staff in the hotel are friendly and they attend to your requests immediately but some forgets how to smile but that is understandable.

Food in the restaurant is average, I just avail their free breakfast.

Swimming pool is small and is usually used to train people in diving or snorkeling. The hotel is very strategic for those who want to take diving lessons and courses

Room Tip: Ask the room service for discounted island hopping tours.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi basteboi, good day!

Thank you for choosing Lost Horizon Beach Resort. I appreciate your time for sharing your experienced during your stay. We are glad about your positive feedback like relaxing beachfront, comfortable room, awesome sand, friendly staff and other amenities. Your concern about wifi and smiles of our staff has been noted and corrected. I hope to see you around on your next vacation. Thank you and regards!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Not much to say about the room, it was average but price was really cheap and it is conveniently located. I stayed in this resort while taking a diving course in 'Philippines Fun Divers' the dive shop within the resort. Room was on the first floor so the biggest issue was humidity, but it was expected. There is AC in the room, TV, safe box and hot water; so it is enough.
It has a front access to the beach which is nice. I would recommend to stay here if taking a diving course, for its convenience. Staff are nice and will help in any necessary things from arranging airport pick ups to recommending 1 day trips or others.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Marc G., good day!

Thank you for staying with us during your diving lessons. We are happy about the outcome of your stay. Thank you for appreciating our location, price and accessibility. We appreciate much recommending our place. Thank you and regards!

Reviewed 17 August 2017

I arrived at this hotel without prebooking anything ( big mistake) I listened to my ex Filipino girl friend. It was 7pm and this was the 2nd hotel I tried I got a so called deluxe room at a discounted rate 3500 peso a night breakfast was another 250 peso each. The room old and depressing. The only thing right on the beach ( so what ? ) I ate at there restaurant that night on the beach. It was a rack of spare ribs and rice it was stone cold I complained and refused to pay for it. Would I recommend or stay there again ? only if the room was free.

Room Tip: Try Regents park hotel a little walk from Beach. No free breakfast but nice pool
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Duane B, Manager at Lost Horizon Beach Dive Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Hi Jeff A, good day!

Thank you for staying at Lost Horizon. We never force our guest to stay with us if they don't like our place. First off all, we do show-room and we let our valued guest to decide. We have a lot of room categories, but it is up to our guest to decide. With regards to room rates, given with all the facilities, amenities and location our resort is not expensive, in fact we are one of the front beach resorts in Alona who offer lower price plus discount. Next time, do not order and eat the food without testing it first. If you find it not good then you have to give feedback immediately and stop eating so we can give you another options. Complaining after consuming all food is not good. Sorry, but you can never find a free room! Thank you!