All reviews leasowe castle golf course wedding venue sea view my partner star chamber cocktail bar following morning evening meal lovely place wedding breakfast from start to finish steak wedding guests member of staff couldn't do enough couldn't fault
Reviewed 4 October 2018

Arriving at 1.40pm my wife went to reception to be told quite bluntly 'check in is 2pm, come back then'. I approached reception and spoke to a different person who politely checked and found that in fact the room was available and checked us in.

There was a wedding party on going throughout the day and if there is one at the hotel while you are there it WILL affect your stay. The 'smoking area' is outside reception and therefore a gathering of 20 plus people will be milling around well past midnight and the noise affects all rooms overlooking the front of the hotel. It's not the fault of the wedding party because there is no where else to go. One of our party went to reception at 11pm to see if any alternative room was available and were offered ear plugs or the chance to get drunk (they were a non drinker) Noise from the disco can also be heard if you are on the first floor.

There was a constant noise in the room throughout the night from the rattle on the louvre from the bathroom extract fan which sounded like a dustbin lid or someone trying to send a morse code message through the heating pipes.

Can't comment on breakfast.

Check to see if there is a wedding reception before you book!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank gray2802
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

I am not sure from your review what relevance the title has. Is it that 4* hotels do not host weddings?!! Given our location unfortunately when the wind gets up it can get a little lively however I think the location far out ways the short comings. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

A 3 star review for a 3 star hotel. Seems fair.

The room was nice. Clean and newly renovated. Nice TV. All amenities you would expect. An 'A' for that.

However, the staff were a bit of a damp squib. No effort to give me any sort of service really. A lot of shrugging shoulders and tossing eyes. Not great. A D+ for that.

The restaurant is rubbish. My food was ok, but they always seemed to be a piece of cutlery missing. I also watched two people have thir steaks sent back as they were awful. The girls working there were quite rude too. Oh...and it's DEAR. £16 for a cod dinner, £3.50 on top just for chips and then £7 for a pretty poor cheese board. An E for that.

Location is good, though the town is not great. The castle itself is beautiful but not brilliantly kept.

C - overall.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

It is always disappointing to receive a 3* review for a 4* property. Your comments regarding the staff do fly in the face of the general comments about our staff but you can't please all of the people all of the time. We were clearly not your cup of tea and I am sorry about that. Thank you for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 1 October 2018

My partner organised the booking of this venue - I was not disappointed; on the contrary, I was to be delighted. The room, No51, though remote on the third floor at the far end, was smallish but adequate. The big plus side was that it had a terrific view of both the sea – if you can ignore the electricity-generating wind rotors – and a view of the Liverpool dock lands - but that is not the fault of the hotel owners. The bed was very comfortable and cosy; the decor was calm and neutral; the room was comfortably warm; the Tv was HUGE and functioning perfectly well. Floor space was barely there but agh, we were staying for only one night.
Once settled in, we went for a stroll over the golf course and to the footpath along the beach front, down on to the sand for an hour, enjoying the company of those around us.
Upon our return, we had a couple of toots, etc. Meanwhile, we had encountered several staff members all of whom are kind, courteous professionals.
We had planned to eat that evening but having perused the menu, my partner declared that there was nothing to her liking – her being a no-frills-attached grazer. Therefore, I ate alone – boo-hoo. ;0) I sat at my table and waited, but not too long, in my opinion, and I ordered the cod, etc. and had it washed down with a 700ml Pinot G white dry – deeeeeelicious. The rate of service bothered me, not one jot: I was happy to just sit and chill with no schedules to meet and did so for at least 90 minutes. Once having finished, I retired to the Wreckers Bar for an after-dinner drink. The bar staff were on the ball being as professional and polite as befits the venue – therefore, I had another. Upon retiring, I returned to the room; noting that the room was indeed, welcoming.
…next morning, a shower. The bathroom shower was a wee bit on the tight side – I had to stand sideways on occasion – and the plumbing, as with even the best of hotels is always going to be suspect; low pressure in this case. However, this did not prevent us having an adequate shower. N.B.! – In my judgement, grab rails and proper rubber bath mats are essential when those showering are standing in an improperly surfaced bath bottom – baths that double as partial shower cubical are available with nobly or ridged surfaces; failing which, proper rubber bath mats are necessary.
Time for breakfast. Again, there was nothing to my good lady’s liking and the buffet was too busy – it being too small and crowded. On the other hand, I ate what I considered to be more than adequate faire: Bacon, scrambled egg, beans, black pudding and mushrooms – all cooked very well and to my liking.
We had already loaded up the car, with the intention of making a quick getaway It was at this time that I noticed that the entrance to the hotel was littered with dog ends. I also noticed the absence of any appropriate receptacle for same. However, and eventually, I did find a nice shiny bucket, hidden behind a bush. Way t’ go! Incidentally, there had been a wedding event that day – thus the dog ends; and, boy were glad that we were at the other end of the hotel to avoid the racket of the wedding reception. Surely this mess should have been cleaned up, meanwhile.
In the meantime, my good lady had settled up and, again was given the royal treatment by the persons in attendance.
We would recommend this castle hotel to any and all.

Room Tip: If you require peace and quiet, book a room on the rear of the hotel, overlooking the beach and the golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ROLAND O
Mike57d, General Manager at Leasowe Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2018

WOW!! This is some review. Thank you so much for taking what must of been some considerable time in putting your review together. I am delighted you enjoyed your time with us and sorry that your partner did not find the menu to her liking although i am confident we could of made them something they would of preferred. I am sorry about the mess at the front door and yes it should of been cleaned up.

Reviewed 30 September 2018

A happy evening spent chatting with friends with reasonably priced food and drinks, attentive and friendly staff in a bright and light restaurant. Masses of parking and easily accessed from the carpark.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review I am delighted you enjoyed your meal.

Reviewed 30 September 2018 via mobile

Had a one night stay in room 20, the castle is very beautiful and the rooms were lovely. The ceiling in the bedroom looked like school class room, however everything was immaculate and the bed was extremely comfy. The receptionists were polite and welcoming. We had a beautiful view, however outside spot lights were shining through our window. The location is great and 15 min drive to Liverpool centre. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and are definitely coming back, thank you!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.