Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Amazing Day

This was a treat for my husband, he had the most amazing day, I went along to watch I enjoyed the... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
GILLIAN W
Close up and fabulous!

The most amazing experience! We have been twice and can't get enough. To be so close, and to... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
papillion2018
Exeter, United Kingdom

All reviews the barn harris hawk birthday present chilean blue eagle flying display amazing experience flying experience gloved hand morning session falconry centre small group wonderful afternoon beautiful owls falconry experience experience days staff were very friendly warm welcome
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My partner and I had a day experience here. First class day. In the morning we met the owls. Beautiful birds. In the afternoon we had the birds of prayer flying round the field. Anyone who likes birds I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

A great day learning, seeing and holding all types of birds! Very knowledgable folk and very approachable. Great lunch that kept us going for the day. The Owls were fantastic in the morning - they eased us into the afternoons, fun which was the Kestrel, Harrier and Eagle!

Great Day all round.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

I bought the half day experience for my son's birthday, two people enjoyed the experience while my daughter-in-law and I were spectators.
We arrived early and were greeted warmly. We bought some drinks and cakes and sat out in the sun listening to the birds and then walking around viewing them until we were called for our experience.

The first part of the experience involved a Kestrel, a Harris Hawk, Buzzard and a Barn Owl. All the participants experienced at least 3 flights with each bird. As a spectator I felt included and we were allowed to stand with our participants and take as many photos as we wanted. The handler was confident, pleasant and extremely knowledgeable. My party learnt so much about the life, physical attributes and general information about the birds. She was happy to answer all the questions thrown at her. The birds appeared very well cared for and the handler was sensitive and caring towards them.

After a short comfort break, the participants then had the opportunity to hold a large Peruvian eagle. Again, this was not rushed and every participant held the bird for quite some time - getting a feel for the weight and a really close up view, with plenty of photo time. The afternoon finished with an indoor flying session with an owl - flying through and over the participants (and spectators were allowed to join in).

We absolutely loved the afternoon. Lovely birds, friendly staff and pleasant surrounding.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Easy to follow instructions got us to Yarak with no problems. Warm welcome on arrival. Short wait, then Lucy arrived to gather group. Aviaries very well maintained and laid out with lots of info, especially origins of falconry terms. Small grass area had half a dozen birds tethered to perches with water and space to move whilst we watched from behind fence as a taster whilst waiting.
Adjacent field provided large flying area. Lucy showed us 3 different birds, gave us lots of info and answered questions. Each member of group then had pieces of meat, stood in large circle and birds flew to each person. Observers were able to get excellent photos whilst Lucy continued to provide info.
After a short break Lucy then showed a larger bird which each member of the group could hold for a good length of time. Plenty of info and time for questions. Finally the group went into a barn where Tarik a large owl entertained everyone by flying very close and hiding in the rafters to get more food. Again Lucy was very informative.
This concluded our half day experience. This was an excellent experience from start to finish. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

Really enjoyable afternoon spent at Yarak.
Surrounded by beautiful countryside this is very well maintained and run centre.
The birds come first and are looked after very well - they look healthy, happy and alert.
Lucy our guide for the afternoon handled the birds expertly, we were able to get up close, hold many of them (7, I think) and whilst arranged in a circle we had the birds flying to each of us and landing on our outstretched arm.
Came away with some fantastic memories having thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon and learnt a lot.