2 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/10/07
Agoda.com
US$102
Free cancellation until 21/10/07
Reserve now, pay at stay
ZenHotels.com
US$98
Expedia.comUS$101
Hotels.comUS$101
FindHotelUS$110
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

I did choose this hotel for the fact it is out of the main area of Catania, as we had a hire car, and had heard parking and driving there is difficult. Overall the hotel is nice, looking a bit weary from the outside, but a modern touch inside. The restaurant for breakfast offers a good choice of pastries, fruit, cereal and cooked dishes. There is no room service, and there is no stores close by, so be warned or prepared. Staff are courteous and nice, and the rooms are large, clean and modern. One of the negatives is that the hotel throughout has the temperature set at about 26/27 deg, which makes it very uncomfortable.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank kouta15
Reviewed 17 September 2019 via mobile

Great hotel. Situated in the outskirts of Catania therefore far from the hassle of traffic of the city centre. But there is a bus stop just 5 minutes walk from the hotel, near the nearby hospital, the 448 which is really convenient. With regards to food, the restaurant staff were really helpful in providing me with dairy free alternative foods. Pool is spacious and not over crowded. The hotel staff offered immediately an alternative room when there was an issue with the air conditioning. They also provided a kettle when we asked for one. The only drawback was that nobody from the hotel came helping us out getting the luggage from the lobby to our room. We traveled with our small child, therefore had to do various trips from the reception to our room to get all our stuff inside. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for some quiet time and relaxation.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 August 2019

Rooms were nice and spacious with modern decoration. Also super clean - I cannot the fault the cleanliness. Only downside is the AC was hard to work and there was limited places to hang towels. Even the hotel towels were folded up and put on top of the cupboard. One thing to consider when booking - the volcano is mostly not seen and surrounded by clouds, so book a sea view room instead!

Staff were nice enough, but it wouldn’t hurt to say hello when passing by the reception.

Pool was okay, but they make you wear swimming caps. That’s not so much an issue, but you have to pay for the swimming caps (€3,50 each) - which they did not tell us. We only found that out until we paid our bill at the end of the stay. This was particularly frustrating as we misplaced our caps and then had to pay for new ones. Enforcing the caps is fine, but you should provide them free for guests of the hotel or at least tell us there is a charge- not happy.
We much rather preferred going to the Lidos along the coast instead - Lido Bellatrix is only 5 mins walking.

We only ate at the hotel once and while the food was fine, it was way overpriced. If you don’t mind a walk, there are plenty more options (and much better value) 20 mins walking away. Mare La Putia Sur Mare was lovely and right next to the sea.

The location is a bit far out, and I would recommend renting a car if you can. We were only here a short time so didn’t mind paying for the taxis a couple of the days. Expect to pay €20-€25 one way to Catania.

Overall I would have given the hotel 4 stars, until the last day. Weather was due to be overcast on our last day so we planned to go to the spa before our afternoon flight. The spa is advertised as €15 for one hour for hotel guests, and I’d booked a 15% discount for spa facilities when making the reservation, so should have been €12,75 each. However as we’d checked out 30 minutes previously, we were no longer considered guests and asked to pay €25 each. This was absolutely ridiculous - guests should be treated and considered guests til they leave. We both refused and left and then had to double check we wouldn’t be charged for using the pool since we’d checked out. Terrible service and ruined our last day for us. Shame on the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2019

The staff hardly says "hello" when you pass reception. The wardrobe door - 40kg heavy have fallen down on my daughter and son. I am not US guy and we have asked for repair. They have not noticed this serious problem with the door - it was not possible to open them. No voucher - nothing.
The lamp did not work, the TV remote controller either. The AC is so hard to operate - I still do not have a clue and I am software programmer. They do not care - they set it up and it worked 1 day.
The check-out took ages and they have called me back to pay citizen tax for the other room - they have forgotten that.
Anyway, OK pool,
Lot of rubish on the street to the hotel. I have collected all the rubbish - it was 3 big bags. Nobody cared. It is in front of their hotel.
The buzz - door bell to the hotel is broken and remained broken 7 days. The issue is that you need to whistle, shout, wait for 10 minutes, then somebody comes. They do not care about repair.
All for now.

Date of stay: July 2019
1  Thank Ivan B
Reviewed 5 August 2019 via mobile

I’ve been frequenting this hotel/spa since 2015 and I am sorry to say that for the spa, the service level has declined significantly that I cannot visit anymore. It is no longer a spa to go to relax. The percorso benessere is chaotic, stressful and expensive. The massage therapists are not all good. The management of the spa is disorganized, stressed and the managers are NOT service-oriented. In my recent and last visit, I arrived 15 minutes early for my massage and they switched my therapist in order to accommodate an additional client without a reservation. They changed my female therapist to a male therapist. They did not ask me if I would agree first. This is absolutely forbidden to do. After having been a client for several years, it is clear to me that 4SPA is now more concerned with profits than customer service. It is a shame since the hotel/spa is nice and many years ago it commanded repeated visits. I hope that things improve in the future.

Date of stay: June 2019