Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Nicola H

After days of trekking you deserve this!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 03 Jun 2024via mobile
After 16 days travelling throughout Peru including the Amazon and Machu Picchu, we decided that we would need a rest and worked in three nights at Punta Sal. We flew north from Cusco via Lima. My first reflection was that this is an entirely man-made resort and the complex is behind gated access. Once inside the restaurants on the complex provide all your meals. We started in a standard bungalow but I upgraded for a very small amount of money to a deluxe beach access suite. It was a quiet time of year so there was availability but I'd advised to book directly with them to ensure you secure the newer rooms. My other top tip is learn enough Spanish to order food and discuss your needs. Janina on the reception desk speaks English and she was very helpful but this is a Spanish speaking resort. All menus are on an app. The breakfast is fabulous. We borrowed snorkels and masks to explore the warm sea. Overall a brilliant rest. I wish it had been longer.
Date of stay: May 2024
Room Tip: Book directly with the resort. Ask for a newer suite not a bungalow. If English speaking use...
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerente Comercial, Ventas at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this review
Responded 06 Jun 2024
Dear Nicola H

Thank you very much for leaving us this excellent comment on Trip Advisor and thank you for your visit to our Hotel. We wish you a safe return trip and hope you can visit us again soon.

Besta Regards,
78.9 km from Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort
View more hotels in Tumbes
Reviews (1 015)
1 015 results
All reviews presidential suite tumbes airport water sports can walk for miles and miles lounge chairs northern peru lomo saltado seafood few days dining area beautiful beach punta ocean gym beaches minibus guido
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 015 reviews
Reviewed 16 April 2024

Great location and friendly staff, janina was very helpful with scuba diving which was a nice experience in Los organos. The beach was very relaxing and jacuzzi was good quality. The breakfast however the food should be protected better. Overall a great location to relax. One point of note the hotel requires full payment up front which should be reviewed.

Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gerente Comercial, Otro at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2024

Thank you for visiting us and for sharing the experience of your stay at our Hotel. We hope you return soon.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2024

I went for Easter with my 94-year-old grandmother, my mother and my nephew… I stayed in a royal suite where the 4 of us stayed… I also took the hotel's mobility service, so they picked me up from the airport… Since the beginning of my vacation Everything was perfect, they picked me up from the airport on time, they checked in quickly, my suite was ready… The food was delicious; I recommend that you go to the 2 restaurants (main and pergola), since there are some different dishes…. The best dishes: pesto spaghetti with breaded steak, spaghetti in huancaina sauce with breaded steak, leche de tigre carretillero... 2 days there was a buffet, the Creole buffet on Saturday was delicious... There are many activities for teenagers, children and adults... The Beautiful beach, nice pools… You can rent cabanas at the pool to be more comfortable… The attention of the waiters is very good…. And the main thing is that you can rest!…. I recommend this hotel 100%…. The best in the north!!!!

Date of stay: March 2024
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerente Comercial, Otro at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2024

Dear Maribet
Thank you for your visit and for your trust in our Hotel, knowing that you enjoy your stay and that you have pleasant moments in Punta Sal is the most important thing.
We hope that not many years pass and you visit us again.

Best regards

Reviewed 12 March 2024

After a long flight from Lima and traveling on some terrible pot holded roads we arrived in to paradise.My daughter was amazed to see such a beauty coming out from no where ,the resort is beautiful and welcoming ,but the people that works there made us feel at home and super spoiled.We are delighted with the experience and currently planning to go back in 3 months.

Date of stay: June 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerente Comercial, Otro at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2024

Dear H2106Nuanar,

Thank you for visiting us and leaving us this comment on Trip Advisor, for us it is important to know that you have a good experience and we look forward to flying soon.

Besta regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2023 via mobile

I’ll echo others here that the front desk were just uninterested. First impressions count and that didn’t look good IMO. Seafood wasn’t fresh. Rubbery and no doubt from the previous day. All other staff were super friendly. Lovely rooms. It was just the first impression that really ticked me off. Can’t say I’d rush back.

Room tip: Ask if there’s a wedding on. I wish I knew!! Fireworks going off at night was unhelpful.
Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerente Residente, Director General at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2023

Dear suburbanfarmer

Thank you very much for visiting us.
We will review what happened, we know our work team and we confirm that they are always willing to help and serve our guests.

We hope you can consider visiting us and we assure you that we will reinforce our services.

Best Regards!!

Reviewed 23 September 2023

When you’re driving down the pot-holed road from Tumbes, past a string of ramshackle beach towns, it’s hard to imagine a high-end resort could suddenly materialise out of the dust. And then it does, just like a mirage. We stayed here for a week while my husband recovered from a bad bout of altitude sickness in Cusco. The deluxe suite we stayed in was perfect - large, modern, nicely styled with a huge king bed and a really spacious outdoor living area with table, chairs and big L-shaped day bed overlooking the beach. The resort is really very good. The 2 pools are big and sparkling. The poolside cabanas and sun lounges are plentiful and well spaced out. The restaurants are nice, the food consistently good and excellent value, and the service friendly and attentive. The vibe is low-key, relaxed and not super touristy. The beach is nice and clean, although away from the resort you see a lot of rubbish, which is a shame. Our only complaint was that it was difficult to order room service as either the phone didn’t work or no-one picked up or we couldn’t make ourselves understood. First world problem! Overall we really enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend.

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Gerente Residente, Director General at Punta Sal Suites & Bungalows Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2023

Dear Sally,

Thank you very much for your visit and for leaving us this nice comment on Trip Advisor.

We hope you visit us again soon.

Best regards,