“Wonderful dinner!”

Osteria del Gallo e della Volpe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I found this place on a walk around my town and my husband and I finally decided to stop in for dinner. The staff was wonderful, despite the language barrier between us and did an amazing job helping us. We had a great bottle of wine. The appetizer was some sort of beans mixed together with spices and I easily could have eaten about 5 helpings. It was perfect! Then I had this veggie mixture over pumpkin velvet. Perfect and delicious! For dinner I had cod ravioli. All was great. Dessert was wonderful as well. Ambiance is wonderful. Service was as expected. It was an expensive evening out, but well worth it. We will be back!

Date of visit: November 2017
2  Thank Kimberly F

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This Osteria is hidden away in the side streets of this small village --it is next to the Roman Catholic Church. The menu is limited but superb.The staff are super friendly and helpful, one of them speaks good English and he was detailed to look after us which he did in 10/10 fashion. The owner acts as maitre d'hotel and is smiling and cheerful.The chef ,Davide, is a happy and helpful guy and his food is top class.Prices are reasonable given the good quality.A MUST VISIT eatery for anyone in the area.*****

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank David S
Reviewed 20 February 2016

A must try restaurant in the medieval historical area of this small village, similar in style and quality to "I Santi", with a little higher price for the meal. On the way and close to the monastery, Monte Vergine. I don't think that you could beat the quality of cuisine in any area of the world, absolutely lovely. Note that if you are on a low fat diet, this is not the place to eat though. However, if you would like to treat your last buds to the unique flavors of this area in Southern Italy, I don't think that you'll be disappointed. They offer a very nice anti-pasta (appetizers). They combine unique combinations of their local harvest like chestnuts, fruits of the season like pear, zucchini or pumpkin with the local cheeses, wild mushrooms, dried meats like salami or prosciutto. Then for main courses, they have great pastas and soups and local meats that are in season, such as their bio beef, pork, and possibly wild boar, if it is in season. They offer a superb wine list with a large wine cellar, one of the best in the area - but I've always just opted for their local wine in the area, Aglianico. Reservations are recommended, as it is very popular.

Date of visit: October 2015
Reviewed 2 October 2013 via mobile

Restaurant is small and unique in its dishes and tastes.
We did receive an English menu that consisted of unique variety of Italian dishes.
Their wine list is very very long but they were kind enough to suggest to perfect wine to each dish!

Overall you'll get an Italian gourmet food with decent prices, good wine, very nice service, and desserts to die for :)

Date of visit: October 2013
1  Thank Tom P
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I you like to know what you are eating, it is maybe best to understand some Italian (like in the whole of Italy), but staff is very friendly and willing to explain in their slowest italian.

Date of visit: August 2013