See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 January 2016

A happy surprise to find bonsai and Thai spa on the property. Good breakfast.
Friendly and flexible owner. Due to water shortage, could not enjoy hot bath; only shower recommended. Saw small cockroaches in my room, no hair dryer in the room.
Overall very satiafied.

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank yumikoo229
Reviewed 12 May 2015

I stumbled upon Red Tudor, when I was coming to Durban for a day to attend a conference. It's a gem of a place.

Well crafted, well maintained, well located and very well managed!

All of them sport an infectious smile, and are very warm and welcoming! The place is very well done, overlooks the garden, the city and the ocean. Watching the Sun rise, right from your bed, can be really amazing! The rooms are well crafted, and are extremely comfortable. The breakfast makes it home away from home! :) Though I was there for a short stay, I definitely want to go back. I definitely will.

Room tip: Rooms on the first floor have a spectacular view! :)
Date of stay: May 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We stayed at the Red Tudor for 2 nights and slept in the Fire room. Everything is great out here. The room was amazing. Lovely decorated and with a big bathroom with a bath. Really great after a long day. From the Fire room you have a great view from your balconydoors at the garden, Durban and the ocean. The garden is also lovely and well taken care of. With on top of it a great swimmingpool to cool of at the hot days.
The owners are very friendly and informative. They'll help you a great deal to get around town. So be sure you ask them for some advise. And when you wake up in the morning, there's a wonderfull breakfast, just outside under the porch, with the sun upon your smiling face. And that will be garanteed, after your night in the Red Tudor! I promiss you that.

Room tip: We had a look at different rooms. Al looked really lovely. We stayed at the Fire room at the first floor. From there you have a great view at the garden, Durban and the ocean. Furthermore, the room had a bath, which was really nice after a long day.
Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I booked my family into Red Tudor and the service we met the second we stepped out of our car past an meticulously crafted, well looked out and refreshing garden overlooking the amazing Durban metropolis as far as the Indian Ocean, we knew we came to the right place. The infectious smile of the owner made us feel at home. Semi-vintage soft, warm, historic touch decor in the house gave us more of a reason to sit on the patio. Very clean, well kept, spacious, extremely safe rooms with all amenities created a new love for my family for guesthouses and BnB's.

Situated in one of the best areas in srrounding Durban, I would recommend this for any one coming to stay, even for the night!

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2013

this review has been a long time coming,

stayed at the red tudor back in May, and have been putting off the review for some time,.

i wont drag on for to long, we chose to stay at this B&B for its location, it is close to major attractions like the shopping mall and not far from sporting stadiums.

it was excellent!
it felt like being part of a family even if we only stayed for the night.
the hotel is located just off one of the main roads but once you have entered the grounds you wouldn't have known.

the owners where extremely friendly and were a pleasure to be around.
the breakfast was beyond 5 start expectations and put the cherry on top so to speak for us.

living abroad when i return home again and need to go to Durban for any reason this would be my preferred location

Date of stay: May 2013