“Amazing”

Ranked #2 of 66 Restaurants in Penafiel
Price range: US$29 - US$41
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

The most eclectic place I’ve ever been! The staff were amazing with superb recommendations for both food and wine. The tapas was amazing knowing exactly what order to bring out the food

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

This place was recommended to us by the guest house we were staying in. This place is a little out of the way (at one point we thought we were lost) but is so worth visiting!! My husband, children and myself visited during our family vacation. The ambiance of this place is fantastic and the food and wine is as well!! Couldn’t ask for better service.

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This wine bar was a gem, located in a gem of a preserved Portuguese village. Lovely, well priced local wine, knowledgeable staff (who spoke great English!), incredible interior design / setting, lovely patio. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 17 December 2017 via mobile

The restaurant is situated in a very beautiful place in a picturesque village with houses made of shale.
The house where the restaurant is situated is very beautiful. The restaurant is warmly decorated and is mostly made of wood. We were a group of four people and we went to the wine bar mid-afternoon for a snack.
We chose a bottle of white wine, a juice for me and three plates of tapas for a snack. It was all delicious and at the right temperature.
We paid 32€. I really want to come back and repeat this fantastic experience. I loved it.
Ps.: in my photo is missing one of the dishes: the alheira with scrambled eggs. Delicious!!

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We were staying in a small Solar nearby which made the recommendation as their kitchen was closed for the off season. All the guests were referred there. When we arrived the waiter explained it was a wine bar first which served tapas, and he would choose our tapas for us and we should trust him. He brought two wine glasses, gave my wife and me each an enormous pour of a red he chose, and then began whisking out the food plate by plate. Each plate was delicious and plenty for two people. He also brought out a basket of traditional local bread. After the fifth plate, number 6 came out even though he had promised us only 5, but he assured us it was the last until #7 came out, which he insisted was the last and actually was, but then came two glasses of port and dessert. At no time had we seen a menu or had our waiter discussed the price of the meal and we were expecting a very unpleasant surprise given the quantity and quality of what we were served. Bracing ourselves for a 75 Euro per person shellacking, we actually laughed when the bill came to 56 Euro for us both. I would not hesitate to go there again.