“Amazing ”

Type: Other
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Awesome views surround this rappelling experience into vertical space from atop Table Mountain. A must for true adventurers and thrill seekers.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

This was amazing the views were beyond beautiful and the staff was truly amazing this is a must do when in Cape Town

Date of experience: July 2018
"terrified of heights"
"enjoy the view"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Very exciting way to see Cape Town from this angle! A little expensive but if you are going up table mountain then why not. If I was to go back to Cape Town I would t do it but definitely worth it.

Date of experience: June 2018
2  Thank 54jayn
Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

It was a cool experience but a bit pricey for 2 minutes of abseiling.Great views but too short.Also half of the way down you just hang an a rope as the cliff is interrupted.

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank diastvr
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We took our 3 kids (ages 11, 13, and 16) on Kamikaze Kanyon which combines abseiling and cliff jumping. Meeting at Sunbird Lodge was the most challenging as Google maps put us about 10 km short - fortunately I had Chizzy's phone number and we finally got there. The baboons are definitely going to try to get into your backpack and get your sandwich, so beware and put the sandwich on the top. The hike in was nice (about 45 minutes I think). The kids loved all the different heights to jump from and the abseil down was fun. - Fun Day

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank familyof6plusadog
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We were in Cape Town in December 18 and to please my active teens, I decided to go for a ‘thrilling’ view of Table Mountain and booked a slot to abseil Table Mountain. I was a little hesitant at first as I am a worrier and had a few concerns :- (i) at my age, if I was physically able to cope with abseiling and the hike back up to the station. (ii) that it would take up a good part of the day (the ascent on cableway and the hike up might take longer than expected) (iii) and in the event of changes in schedule or inclement weather resulting in cancellation, we would end up paying administration fees.

But the kids were raring to go and so we did. Booked online for the discounted rate of R995 per pax. Absolutely no regrets. Abseil Africa was prompt in responding to my email queries and was very accommodating to changes in schedule. Due to rescheduling of other activities in Cape Town, I had to bring forward my booking. I called them the day before and they swopped my booking immediately. I took the earliest slot available – 8.30am (summer schedule) to avoid the crowds at the Aerial Cableway. Easy to locate near the upper station, the crew was professional, helpful and had a sense of humour which helped a great deal to assuage our jitters. Photos of us all geared up were available for downloading on their facebook page.

We were done in 2 hours, including the prepping, the actual abseil and the return hike. The experience was pretty awesome and the views were stunning. The hike was not as physically demanding as it looked. In fact, it was quite enjoyable (at least for most of us). Strangely, the males in my family, should I say, were a little more ‘affected’ abseiling down, than the ladies. But this outing was one that we could talk about in a long time, especially with my husband’s comical ‘ordeal captured on GoPro (and posted) and we all agreed that this was one fantastic Cape Town experience.

Date of experience: December 2017