Review Highlights
Great Experience

A trip up Table Mountain is always worthwhile but getting to jump off the side of the mountain is... read more

Reviewed today
spursraff
Tel Aviv, Israel
great experience

great place and staff. worth the money to do this nice abseil. only thing to improve is let people... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
erez64
israel

All reviews adrenaline rush min hike these guys great fun cliff jumping mid air amazing experience safety briefing table mountain great company cape town once in a lifetime cool experience guided hike took pictures cable car terrified of heights
Reviewed 15 April 2018

We took our 3 kids (ages 11, 13, and 16) on Kamikaze Kanyon which combines abseiling and cliff jumping. Meeting at Sunbird Lodge was the most challenging as Google maps put us about 10 km short - fortunately I had Chizzy's phone number and we finally got there. The baboons are definitely going to try to get into your backpack and get your sandwich, so beware and put the sandwich on the top. The hike in was nice (about 45 minutes I think). The kids loved all the different heights to jump from and the abseil down was fun. - Fun Day

Date of experience: April 2018
1  Thank familyof6plusadog
Reviewed 12 April 2018

We were in Cape Town in December 18 and to please my active teens, I decided to go for a ‘thrilling’ view of Table Mountain and booked a slot to abseil Table Mountain. I was a little hesitant at first as I am a worrier and had a few concerns :- (i) at my age, if I was physically able to cope with abseiling and the hike back up to the station. (ii) that it would take up a good part of the day (the ascent on cableway and the hike up might take longer than expected) (iii) and in the event of changes in schedule or inclement weather resulting in cancellation, we would end up paying administration fees.

But the kids were raring to go and so we did. Booked online for the discounted rate of R995 per pax. Absolutely no regrets. Abseil Africa was prompt in responding to my email queries and was very accommodating to changes in schedule. Due to rescheduling of other activities in Cape Town, I had to bring forward my booking. I called them the day before and they swopped my booking immediately. I took the earliest slot available – 8.30am (summer schedule) to avoid the crowds at the Aerial Cableway. Easy to locate near the upper station, the crew was professional, helpful and had a sense of humour which helped a great deal to assuage our jitters. Photos of us all geared up were available for downloading on their facebook page.

We were done in 2 hours, including the prepping, the actual abseil and the return hike. The experience was pretty awesome and the views were stunning. The hike was not as physically demanding as it looked. In fact, it was quite enjoyable (at least for most of us). Strangely, the males in my family, should I say, were a little more ‘affected’ abseiling down, than the ladies. But this outing was one that we could talk about in a long time, especially with my husband’s comical ‘ordeal captured on GoPro (and posted) and we all agreed that this was one fantastic Cape Town experience.

Date of experience: December 2017
1  Thank bingp
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

While visiting Table Mountain we decided to do this activity. It seems scary at first, but is actually quite easy and you feel safe all of the way. You basically lower yourself down the side of the mountain and get enjoy the scenery on the way down. There is also a surprise towards the end! You then hike back up, which can take between 20 to 30 mins depending on your speed and if you stop to enjoy the scenery and take pictures. All in all a great experience.

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 11 April 2018

Was initially hesitant to do the abseil because there was (fake) news floating around about a death at Abseil Africa in Jan. However, the staff reassured me of their track record and I immediately signed up and paid for it.

The staff were all helpful and the abseiling experience was out of this world!

Was required to trek back up (over huge stones and on a gravel pathway) that took me about 20 mins. Was quite winded by the trek due to the lack of fitness on my part. If you're much older or relatively unfit, you might struggle a bit with the trek back.

But it's all worth it! Don't miss the experience. It is hella amazing.

Date of experience: April 2018
2  Thank sweetpropaganda
Reviewed 10 April 2018

This is another must do in Cape Town. Where in the world can you abseil off one of the Seven Wonders of the Modern World? And Abseil Africa is well placed and unobtrusive to other visitors. Great fun for the adventurous.

Date of experience: February 2018