“Amazing can't even begin to describe the view...”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
Cameron C
Phoenix, Arizona
“Amazing can't even begin to describe the view...”
Reviewed 26 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

My wife and I spent 10 days at Casa Blanca for hour honeymoon and couldn't have been more impressed with the amenities. The main house of Casa Blanca is perched beautifully a top the property and provides views of Lake Arenal that are beyond amazing, and with no obstruction.

We would spend many of our afternoons and evenings just hanging out on the patio, or down in the hammocks to relax and take in the sights and sounds.

One of the many cool features of the property is the bird feeder. There is a stand that you can place freshly cut up fruits (any fruit works, with the exception of bananas) and just sit back and watch the variety of local wildlife fly in for a feast. If you are staying longer than 3 days on the property my suggestion is to begin this practice as soon as possible. The more days in a row you place out fruit, the larger of a variety of birds will show up.

For a tranquil place, that is close to town, the adventures you want, and located above one of the best restaurants in Costa Rica, then look no further than Casa Blanca.

I know we are already excited for our return visit!

Pura Vida!!

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
AZMom2014
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful Property with a Breathtaking View!!”
Reviewed 20 July 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Let me start by saying, the best thing about this property is the absolutely stunning view!! The pictures are for real. Costa Rica is a 3rd world country, so the only thing that might be nicer than this place is a high-end resort like Tabacon, but it doesn't have the privacy this place has. Having Ty, the property manager book all of our excurisions was really convenient too. Didn't have to deal with the tour company folks at all. Our least favorite things about the property: the 2 hr. drive from the Liberia airport to the property, and the 1 drive to the main town of LaFortuna, but that's what makes the property special - the privacy and distance from the hustle/bustle of La Fortuna. All of the excursions, hiking, etc...are in La Fortuna. If you're planning on doing excursions just plan for the 2hr. total drive time each day. We went to town 3 out of 5 days and didn't mind the drive. The property is located in the small town of Neuvo Arenal, and is less than 5 min. from the main street in town. There are a few restaurants, grocery stores, a pharmacy and a bank. Gas stations are difficult to find in this part of the country. There's one in La Fortuna off the main street (ask for directions) and there's one on your way to/from the airport.

The Property:
We booked Villa I, II and the Jr. Villa for 5 days - 3 families;11 people total. The units are all very private. The homes are linked by a walking path and sit high up on a hill away from the road which was wonderful.

Villa I - (My sisters family stayed here.) The kitchen was stocked with dishes, pot/pans, silverware, blender, etc...as you would find in any timshare or VRBO. It didn't have any spices, so I would recommend bringing those if you plan to stay for several days. The master bedroom has a king bed and is open to main living room because it takes advantage of the views. You can look out the large sliding glass doors and enjoy the view day and night. The second bedroom has a king bed also and is private with a door. Both bathrooms are full sized. The master has a shower and the 2nd bathroom has a tub. Local telephone was nice because were were able to use it to call back and forth between both villas (I and II) for any restaurants or businesses in town. Free WiFi access was available in all 3 units with was great. Limited T.V. access in Villa I and II. Some NetFlix movies but no American T.V.

Villa II - (My family stayed here) Identical to Villa I but the decor isn't as appealing. Seems little more dated. The biggest bonus with Villa II is the full sized, indoor washer/dryer. It was convenient to wash all of our clothes without having to leave our house. Villa I's washer/dryer is located outdoors in a small building that you access with a separate key. All 3 units have NO A/C and are very humid indoors. There are several ceiling fans, but I wish we could have left the large glass sliding doors open for a cross breeze, but we couldn't because bugs/birds would get in. A roll-away screen door would have been nice.

Jr Villa - Really cute villa that was extremely spacious. It has a king bed, full sized bathroom, and full kitchen as advertised. The main negative with this unit is no access to T.V. or a local phone. The lines have been installed, and a T.V. was in the unit, but the owners are still working on getting both operational. My sister watched t.v. on her tablet in the Jr. Villa. The other strange thing was it only had one towel, literally. My sister had to borrow towels from Villa I. All 3 units could use more towels and wash cloths.

Our least favorite thing about the property was the poor/dim lighting. If you had work to do on a laptop (which we did) or had to read a book (as my daughter did for school), you had to do it during the day, because the lighting was so dim in all 3 units. The owners may want to install a bright lamp in each unit so guests can work at night, if necessary.

We also thought the property could have been cleaner overall, and a few minor things repaired. The bathroom rugs were dirty and worn. Might be nice if they were replaced with washable bathroom rugs. The tile in all 3 properties are very slippery. My son slipped on the bathroom tile in the master bathroom of Villa II and bumped his head, but it wasn't serious thankfully. The T.V. in Villa II needs replaced. The sound doesn't work properly and only has one level (extremely loud). There were bugs and ants, but that was to be expected in a tropical country - nothing unusual (even with regular pest service). The mosquitoes were surprisingly minimal, probably due to the cool climate and higher elevation of the property. The front screen door on Villa II was ripped on the bottom and bugs could get in. There's also a large wasp nest above the front door that needs to be removed. Finally, several of the lights along the steps/walking paths were out so when you walked between properties at night it was hard to see.

Finally, the large jacuzzi is so relaxing after a day of excursions in town. Ty told us to turn it on before going into town because it takes 6 hrs. to warm up. When we returned, we would relax in it at night after dinner and it was fabulous. Overall, the property was exactly what we were looking for - privacy with beauty and tranquility for all 3 families to enjoy together.

Suggestions:
​Bring spices from home if you plan to cook, and laundry soap/pods as there are none. Things are a little pricey at the grocery stores. We cooked several times and brought some spices from home, along with our own washing pods and small dish detergent. Also, bring plenty of cash. Most excursions and restaurants prefer cash, US or Colon. If you're bringing kids, I would recommend bringing video games/tablets from home. The property does have a PS2 in Villa I, with a few games, but nothing my kids wanted to play, so bring some from home. Book excursions to keep the kids entertained as there isn't much for them to do on the property other than scout out the grounds and relax in the jacuzzi. They don't always appreciate sitting on the back patio, eating, drinking, and enjoying the view like the adults.

This place was great overall!! Enjoy your time here, we did. Pura Vida!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the cool breezes
Liked least: The dirty bathroom rugs and bugs/ants and the hour drive to LaFortuna and the 2 hr drive from the airport to the property
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Large groups
Vagabond0...
“Fabulous Forty”
Reviewed 23 June 2016 for a stay in April 2016
person found this review helpful

Some friends and I stayed at CBCR for a full week in celebration of some 35th & 40th birthdays. What a fabulous place for a group!
Spending the days relaxing at the Villas without a plan & just being together was awesome!
We made breakfasts, lunches & dinners together al fresco; choosing different tables and locations for each meal because we could.
We brought Bombs for our bubble baths.
We relaxed in hammocks enjoying music and Costa Rican coffee.
We had massages and yoga on the deck overlooking Lake Arenal.
We used the Hot tub as a "Cold Jacuzzi" and played Bocce ball & ping pong.
We had a dance party on the veranda and enjoyed our wine without worrying about who would drive home.
We were even lucky enough to be there during a visible Saturn transit which made the Villa's in-house telescope a super Bonus!

When we DID want to venture out we didn't have to go far to enjoy some amazing restaurants including Gingerbread at the foot of our driveway, voted Costa Ricas #1 restaurant for a good reason. Delicious. Located just adjacent, Jeff and Beth at Arenal Kayaks are very welcoming and know all the good shortcuts.
There are secret spots to enter the lake known by the locals, and our Villa concierge, Ty. He was always available by phone when we got lost, which was often. Sorry Ty He also made some zip line and hot spring reservations for us that were fabulous!
I did not want to leave.

I also found that for a small rural town, Nuevo Arenal is extremely kid friendly.
Every restaurant and adventure spot had child accommodations. There's a butterfly wonderland and nearby tropical animal habitat where they can help feed and care for the animals.
I am definitely returning next year with my sisters and their families. What a great place to be together or have solitude at the same time. 10 million stars! ✨✨✨✨

purplecru...
“An oasis in paradise.”
Reviewed 21 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016
people found this review helpful

My friend and I wanted to go to Costa Rica, fly into Liberia and stay near Volcan Arenal. We found Costa Rica Casa Blanca and the owners were quick to respond to our original inquiry re staying at Casa Blanca, they were quick to respond with our reservation information, they sent information about the surrounding area, assisted us with a great rental car and connected us with their property manager who led us to some wonderful local spots. So, right off the bat, my friend and I were ecstatic to go on vacation with our kids. Driving up to the property was unbelievable - the view of Lake Arenal is incredible - majestic! The property itself is gorgeous, secure, spacious, had every amenity we needed - just like home - but prettier. Trying to describe this peaceful, beautiful spot doesn't do it justice - I would recommend Casa Blanca Costa Rica to anyone at any age - my friend and I loved it and the kids loved it.

Liked best: The view.
Liked least: There was no least.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
dmhindman...
Wildwood, Missouri
“This is paradise”
Reviewed 18 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

One of the best vacations I've ever been on - so relaxing, so beautiful. There were 8 of us, and we had so much room! Everything about it was PERFECT - would highly recommend it to anyone!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house, both inside, and outside - the view was amazing!
Liked least: Nothing!
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing