“Couples Vacation - Rented all 3 Villas...”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Russian first
Any
djsdirect
Indianapolis
“Couples Vacation - Rented all 3 Villas - BEAUTIFUL!!!”
Reviewed 2 March 2015 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

If you are considering a trip to the Nuevo Arenal, you will NOT be disappointed in Casa Blanca. We traveled with 5 couples renting the entire property in December staying 6 nights/7days. My wife and I stayed in Villa 1 with another couple and absolutely loved it. This was our first vacation to Costa Rica and wanted to stay somewhere near the Volcano but not in the tourist section of the island which led us to Nuevo Arenal area. The drive from SJO (San Jose) airport with a few stops along the way took us about 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Think of it as a great opportunity to see Costa Rica. The nearest town with plenty of local dining choices was just a few miles away. We enjoyed the night life with the locals and the beautiful property at Casa Blanca on the days/evenings where we just wanted to stay in. I was SO impressed with Marc's constant communication and tips while going through the booking process. Marc was always there to answer any questions before arriving. Once we arrived, Ty took over and gave us some great tips about the area and tours that are available in the area. Keep in mind that some of the major attractions were about an hour drive into La Fortuna (Great town but a little too busy for us). The Ziplining tour over the waterfall is a must. If I remember correctly, we paid around $75 for 12 lines. To me, this was the highlight of the trip....well the view from our porch wasn't too shabby either. :)

I could go on and on about Casa Blanca and Costa Rica but the reviews below sums it all up. Book it NOW!!! We have attached several photos to this review but if you are looking for more detailed information, photos, videos, I welcome all friend request on Facebook (Jeremy Gearries). We have traveled quite a bit of the Caribbean, Yucantan (mexico) and US and love sharing our travel tips with other members here on Tripadvisor. Thank you again to Marc and Ty and we hope to visit back to Casa Blanca in the future.
Jeremy and Sara from Indianapolis Indiana

Travelling group: Friends
Your age range 35-49
LPapp
Ottawa
“Amazing Place!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This place is paradise!... The owner Marc did a great job with the property. The wife and I travelled with 5 other friends. We rented all 3 villa's. It was the Perfect location! Amazing View of lake Arenal...Close to restaurants groceries. And we even made the drive to La Fortuna a few time about 45 min away. I have nothing but good things to say about Casa Blanca.
We would return in a heartbeat!
Thank you Marc... and Thank you Tyler (property manager) For taking care of all our needs.

Travelling group: Friends
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Gary B
“Great views and location!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a beautiful residence which had everything we needed- great views, wonderful location near good restaurants, lovely and well maintained home and useful advice from Ty, the property manager. We loved our visit and would recommend this property to anyone visiting the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of lake.
Liked least: Needed a few kitchen items.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lise A
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The view from this property is spectacular, and the rental itself is amazing. My husband and I stayed in one villa, my son and his wife in the other. We each had privacy, more than ample space and very nice amenities, at a cost which is almost hard to believe. If you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, I would urge you to try it. The villas were the perfect base for going on day trips. We did a two-day pass at the Hot Springs Resort, and also drove to enjoy a beer at the micro brewery at the other end of the lake to watch people sail boarding in the white caps. Although the roads twist and turn the entire distance of the lake, it's worth it to take in the lush flora everywhere and the ever-changing beautiful views. It rained quite a bit while we were there, but it certainly didn't spoil the experience. I even had a very friendly horse stop by for a visit during breakfast one morning. A great trip was had by all. The only thing that's missing is a pool, but I understand there is one being planned.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the patio in villa #2 were first rate.
Liked least: A few bugs here and there, but to be expected given the location.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
steve u
“It was truly the best vacation and accommodations I've ever experienced!”
Reviewed 6 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

From the first time I spoke with Marc I felt that I was in good hands. It was not only our first trip to Costa Rica but as I explained to Marc I was going to propose to my girlfriend of four years. With the help of Marc, Michelle and Tyler...we are now happily engaged. It was really something special that all three of them helped me in different ways to really make this experience very memorable for us both.
The property is absolutely amazing. Breathtaking views of the jungle and the lake when you wake up in the morning. We stayed for 7 nights and had the giant sliding glass doors open the majority of the time. Other than a few Fruit flies we did not see one bug in the house.
Marc had put me in touch with Tyler (the property manager) about a month before our trip and he proved to be invaluable. He answered each call text or email and helped me plan our engagement evening.
Marc and Michelle's house is amazing and we can't wait to go back. It was perfect from start to finish.
Also we LOVED the gingerbread restraunt which is right at the bottom of the hill, great food and amazing people that we are able to now call friends. Thank you to all of you guys for a perfect trip!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing