“Great views and location!”
other travellers have booked this property
View from the Casa Blanca Entrance Gate
Outdoor Bar
Outdoor Shower near Jacuzzi
Planter off Villa I Patio
Walkway Between Villa I and Villa II
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Russian first
Any
Gary B
“Great views and location!”
Reviewed 27 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

This was a beautiful residence which had everything we needed- great views, wonderful location near good restaurants, lovely and well maintained home and useful advice from Ty, the property manager. We loved our visit and would recommend this property to anyone visiting the area.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View of lake.
Liked least: Needed a few kitchen items.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Lise A
Apple Valley, Minnesota
“Gorgeous view”
Reviewed 9 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014

The view from this property is spectacular, and the rental itself is amazing. My husband and I stayed in one villa, my son and his wife in the other. We each had privacy, more than ample space and very nice amenities, at a cost which is almost hard to believe. If you're looking for something a bit out of the ordinary, I would urge you to try it. The villas were the perfect base for going on day trips. We did a two-day pass at the Hot Springs Resort, and also drove to enjoy a beer at the micro brewery at the other end of the lake to watch people sail boarding in the white caps. Although the roads twist and turn the entire distance of the lake, it's worth it to take in the lush flora everywhere and the ever-changing beautiful views. It rained quite a bit while we were there, but it certainly didn't spoil the experience. I even had a very friendly horse stop by for a visit during breakfast one morning. A great trip was had by all. The only thing that's missing is a pool, but I understand there is one being planned.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the patio in villa #2 were first rate.
Liked least: A few bugs here and there, but to be expected given the location.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
steve u
“It was truly the best vacation and accommodations I've ever experienced!”
Reviewed 6 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

From the first time I spoke with Marc I felt that I was in good hands. It was not only our first trip to Costa Rica but as I explained to Marc I was going to propose to my girlfriend of four years. With the help of Marc, Michelle and Tyler...we are now happily engaged. It was really something special that all three of them helped me in different ways to really make this experience very memorable for us both.
The property is absolutely amazing. Breathtaking views of the jungle and the lake when you wake up in the morning. We stayed for 7 nights and had the giant sliding glass doors open the majority of the time. Other than a few Fruit flies we did not see one bug in the house.
Marc had put me in touch with Tyler (the property manager) about a month before our trip and he proved to be invaluable. He answered each call text or email and helped me plan our engagement evening.
Marc and Michelle's house is amazing and we can't wait to go back. It was perfect from start to finish.
Also we LOVED the gingerbread restraunt which is right at the bottom of the hill, great food and amazing people that we are able to now call friends. Thank you to all of you guys for a perfect trip!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Michael B
“Surreal views and tranquility”
Reviewed 5 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

My wife and I took our 4 children to Costa Rica for Thanksgiving holiday to enjoy the warmth and abundant local activities. What we didn't expect is the phenomenal views, comfort, and amenities that Casa Blanca has to offer. The 180 degree views of Lake Arenal are spectacular from the back yard. Sunsets are every color of the rainbow and then some. Awoke each morning to the pleasant sounds of parrots and other native birds. We rented both the main house the the jr villa for our group of 6 and everyone was comfortable, had room to spread out, separate TV viewing in the evenings (important with 4 children) separate kitchens, etc... The layout of the property is PERFECT for larger families and groups. Michele and Marc are wonderful hosts, very responsive to our inquiries before and during the vacation. Tyler their property manager is first rate and make booking our area tours very easy and accomodative. We zip lined, did the rain forest / hanging bridge tour, water all hike, horseback riding, Baldi hot springs, etc..... Tyler booked it all and we simply showed up without any hassles. Our only disappointment was the short time we got to spend at Casa Blanca and the surrounding Lake Arenal area. The houses are perfect, views unbelievable, locals are friendly and a place we're already looking forward to booking again. The walk from Casa Blanca to the GinderBread restaurant is a short 5 minute stroll down a paved driveway through a beautiful rain forest. We had dinner on Thanksgiving evening at Ginger Bread and Eyal (chef) made us a wonderful feast that we're still talking about and will be for time to come. Eyal and his staff are wonderful people so don't miss this place when you visit. Great local / fresh food and a great wine list and the Boca Negra and Bread Pudding desserts are beyond decadent. Make a reservation in advance as this place is highly desirable.

Liked best: The views
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Heather C
“Very beautiful glad we had a few days there”
Reviewed 3 November 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

I say that because it does take some getting used to the location and drive. ..only like a day but i wouldn't stay therefor only one night. You won't really get to appreciate it. There are a few bugs but really not many nothing to be concerned with. I slept with the net on the first night not the other 4:). Just do your dishes and don't leave food out and you'll be fine. Tyler was helpful to help us find a great restaurant and a hike we wouldn't have otherwise known. Another reviewer mentioned he seemed in a hurry, i guess i could see how you might feel that way at first but really he will answer any call and tell you how to get anywhere even if it's five times you ask :). His directions are spot on but i advise writing them down so you do not second guess yourselves or have to call him back a bunch of times like we did we couldn't seem to hold on to our pen and paper! He talks a bit fast but that doesn't mean he is in a hurry or doesn't want to help you. I imagine he just had a lot to do. So do not listen to that person. :)
I booked in early June or July and Marc was helpful. He told me where to book to save a few extra bucks and that was nice. It is a bit father than you might expect but that is part of the beauty of it. I stayed 5 maybe 4... nights. Which gave me and my boyfriend a chance to get used to the drive and used to the area. If you have something booked in fortuna give yourself time (hour at least) to get there and find where you are going and it depends how you drive. It is a bit intimidating at first but you get used to it or just drive slow no matter who is riding your butt :) they'll get over it. I had one day where i didn't schedule anything and we went down to the lake and hung out and swam. We were the only ones there. So awesome. Rent a car you can get one in la fortuna which is what we ended up doing and didn't regret it. Go up to nuevo arenal if you can. .. i know we were in low season but it was not crowded or flooded with tourists and you can eat and hang for a reasonable price. Gingerbread is delicious! Listen to them when they tell you their portions are big! Probably have more to say but cannot think of it now. Marc emailed me a couple of times to make sure i had everything i needed. I was too busy to see the emails until i was back home :) ok that's all for now happy to answer any questions.

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing