All reviews trout the pub wine list lovely location roll top bath mussels coffee machine lovely garden wonderful meal my birthday warm welcome porridge high standard sunday night dining experience lovely staff lovely room
Reviewed 27 March 2018

The recent poor weather meant we had a short notice delay to our intended location in Wales. Rather than stay at home in Norfolk we found this gem of a place. Right from our initial phone call the whole event was excellent. We phone mid-morning and booked one night for that same day. The place itself is full of helpful and friendly staff. The food was delicious and the location nice and peaceful. Thank you.

Room Tip: They all seemed good.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2018

What a little gem. We stayed on the "Spoil Yourself Sunday" deal which saw the room discounted massively to encourage guests to book for a Sunday night including dinner. And what a dinner! I may never forget the charred leek with goats curd, hazelnuts and salted croutons - Just Wow!! The rest of the meal for both my husband and myself did not disappoint - absolutely first rate. Then a beautifully comfy bed, the joy of a starry sky and the perfect peace of the remote Thames side location (not often you can say that!)
Thank you to The Trout and we look forward to trying out the other destinations in the Epicurean Club.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Firesidetraveller
Reviewed 12 March 2018

Enjoyed The Trout,lovely room,great dinner,breakfast could have been served a bit hotter,but good flavour.
Great staff,very attentive.
We were also introduced to the best smoked trout ever.
Charlie Merricks smoked trout,get it on line,you won't be disappointed

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 8 March 2018

My wife and I have just returned from celebrating the anniversary of our wedding which took place 49 years ago today. We have had a wonderful 4 day break in the Cotswolds courtesy of our family and this was without doubt the highlight. I was very concerned to find the right place for this very special occasion and the Trout tickled every box. Great ambience, great atmosphere, great food, lovely bottle of claret and excellent service. On arrival the flowers I had delivered were on our table and we we were greeted with a complimentary glass of presecco. The young waitress had a beautiful smile and a delightfully warm and engaging personality. Our very special occasion was made perfect by everyone at the trout.
Thank you all for being so wonderful.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Friendly greeting on arrival, rooms good, excellent meal in dining room, what more could you want. Also the staff were very attentive and very hard working