“Wonderful staff and amazing food ”
Review of Turtle Bay

Turtle Bay
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Walthamstow
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First time when I have visited Turtle Bay in Walthamstow for lunch with my family and friends. The waitress , Veronica recommended us the Curry Goat and the Jerk Ribs so we went with it and I must say it was absolutely delicious. The portion size was too big for me so I ended up taking the ribs home. I did not want a cocktail so she offered a passion fruit soft drink which was very refreshing on a hot day. We live in Croydon and I asked her if there is another restaurant there and she ended up giving me the full address on a piece of paper which was very kind of her .

We will definitely be back for round two.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Im quite a regular here. Great customer service , friendly waitress , Zack from management and bar staff make you feel welcome.

Lovely cocktails worth the price.

Love the lamb steak meal. My mum loves the chilly prawns, rice and peas, one pots a great for a full balanced square.

Seating area great views I have sat outside and inside and great service.

Well recommended and close to local shops , market and transport.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very chill and fun environment, tasty food and drinks, kind and friendly staff. Will be returning!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A friend had given me a negative review about this place last year but I went to see for myself. I took the family there for Father's day and we were not impressed. The furniture is torn and well worn, the metal peeling off the chairs. The place looked like an old shack. There were cobwebs on the wall which I noticed while waiting for my meal to be served. The collection of magazines near the 'kitchen area' was dusty and the small ledge had a thick layer of dust. In spite of this, I persevered, my father who is visiting from the Caribbean was deeply affronted. The waiter who welcomed us disappeared and another came after 10 minutes. It took about 45 minutes before we were served our food, the drinks came 20 minutes after ordering them. The staff looked stressed and were poorly dressed in very casual clothing with no uniformity.

The food was served in enamel pots which would have been used as 'chamber pots in the Caribbean, it was difficult for my Dad to eat from something which represented an item used to defecate in. The pot was horrible but also worn like the rest of the place.

The food taste was not Caribbean, it was not bad but several dishes on the menu are not traditional Caribbean foods, the rice and peas was not a poor depiction of the real thing and the 'flatbread is not a traditional Caribbean food, it is more like naan bread. it is Mediterranean.
As someone from the islands I was not impressed with the décor or the service. This restaurant highlights the Caribbean as a decrepit and backward place. I am trying to understand the concept used in marketing the place but it is a mediocre representation of the Caribbean.
The Walthamstow branch needs to improved drastically. Very disappointed customer. I will not be returning.

1  Thank flint23c
turtle b, Manager at Turtle Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Firstly id like to apologise for the experience you had with us on Sunday.

I'm really sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience at turtle bay.

If you have any further concerns or queries -don't hesitate to email us on walthamstow@turtlebay.co.uk

As we take all feedback from our guests seriously.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This time was one of those days that I shouldn't have been there. I choose a mixed seeds and baby spinach salad to have with my preferred cocktail. Cocktail delicious as usual. My salad though was tasteless, at some point I thought I was eating my guinea pigs food. There wasn't any baby spinach at all in it, instead it was plenty of rocket salad, which I really can't stand. I had to look for it and put it on a side before eating the rest of the salad. I think I should have been told about the rocket before hand as it would have been my decision if accepting the replacement or not. That salad costs just over £10 but you add a 12.5%service that is on your bill to it. I wasn't told about the rocket at all from anyone, salad was just put on the table. I even had to go to get my cutlery. Excuse me?