Gleddoch Hotel, Spa & Golf
US$80
Priceline
US$77
US$69
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshot tubgoody bagsteam roomgolf coursean asset to the hotellovely hotelriver viewlovely visitjourney homeviews are amazingupon checkroom service menupre authorisationexcellent facilitieslovely weekendfirst morningportion sizes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We just checked out and had a fun 4 nights here. Everyone was lovely towards our dogs which made the stay. Alan in the Dram bar is absolutely brilliant, a real gem and Anthony was fantastic too. They were both extremely knowledgeable about their whisky and the Dram Bar was well stocked and comfortable which made our husbands very happy. A nice man at reception helped us open our safe (didn’t catch his name!) as I didn’t follow directions and locked my stuff in there, he was so lovely as was Carlos and Angela in the restaurant. Some of the other staff could not be asked but these ones made it a great visit. I can see what other reviews say about parts of the hotel being tired but the fact that they were so accommodating for our dogs and the staff I mentioned made the visit and we really enjoyed our stay. The restaurant and bar need revamping, we ate in the bar and they mixed up our food so me and my friend didn’t enjoy our meal at at all and there was a breakage and then a staff member slipped and it was all a bit chaotic so we didn’t eat on site again. However the first day they put us in a separate suite where we could eat with our dogs and that was freshly decorated and the staff like Carlos were fantastic. It was not far from Loch Lomond so we went there to walk the dogs and that was a great day out and there are a couple distilleries not too far away which was handy. You defo want to have a car if staying here in my opinion. So a mixed review I guess, it depends on what is important to you but we enjoyed it!!

P.S. Thank you Alan and Anthony for taking care of our husbands, with love from the ‘angry wives’ and Alan you defo look younger than the both of them haha!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel has a country house feel which I prefer. Staff aren’t in your face but friendly and approachable when needed. My super king room 25 was immaculately clean and super elegant and comfortable with gorgeous views of the water from the windows (which open, always a bonus). The room can be warm or cool depending on customer preference. The large shower room was top notch with Elemis toiletries. I loved the smaller public rooms and seating areas where you could just relax, the soft furnishings and ambiance in each room is lovely. The meal at the wedding was outstanding super tasty. Breakfast in the Kilpatrick suite was very tasty and all the elements were of the highest quality. Unusually for a hotel the drinks were very reasonable. All the staff in the hotel were lovely. My room was a long walk from reception, with lots of stairs which I didn’t mind and there are ways of getting round for the less mobile.

However I couldn’t give 5 stars for the following reasons

1/. All over the hotel, outside bedrooms there were a lot of trays with finished meals on them, they should be removed more quickly,

2/. Cupboards and rooms that are less than tidy are left lying open which gives a poor first impression for guests.

3/. Towels from guests rooms who have left, are lying on the floor outside bedroom doors, again gives an untidy look, the dirty towels should be in a laundry basket.

4/. The housekeeper knocks your door before 11am on your departure day, there should be a more discreet way of finding if you have left.

5/. The breakfast in the Kilpatrick suite said 8.30 am to 10.30 am, however some of the wedding party weren’t told this and went to the dining room. I arrived there at 9 am and the breakfast was just being brought in and at this time the hot food was almost cold.

I would definitely come back here and use the spa and beautiful terraces for a quiet weekend, the views from those terraces are stunning. This was one of the best weddings I have ever been at.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights.
Looks lovely as you drive up, little do they tell you that you'll be shoved round back with the rooms overlooking the bins and cleaners hut.
The bar/restaurant is an absolute joke. No one has a clue what they are doing. Food portions are measly, and the prices are shocking.
Our room was clean, but we laid in bed listening to other guests dogs barking all night. Lots of steps around the hotel, no lift, some rooms are a long way away from the spa area.
Swimming pool was nice and warm. Views from the outside hot tubes are amazing, but not enough to bring us back.
We came away hungry & tired.
Breakfast was hard work, it's a self service style cold + hot buffet, but gets very busy so you have to stand around a long time to raid for your food from the hot plates, was like a rugby scrum. Not very elegant or worthy of the price, only sloppy scrambled eggs, no fried eggs.
No I don't recommend this place at all, it's charity shop of the hotel world.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank familytrips280
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I booked a last minute getaway literally 1 hour before we left . The photographs of the hotel and rooms look amazing . So we paid the £215 for the king room and headed there. At check in , there was no knowledge of our booking ( that was understandable though) we were slightly worried even from the outside of the building when we drove into the car park . Anyway , we kept a hopeful and open mind . After climbing several flights of stairs we arrived at our room . The room door was lying open which was a bit weird and instant disappointment ensued. Was nothing like the picture and it was freezing . The carpet was really dirty and the room was sub standard to say the least . We had to turn on the radiators ourselves . The shower ran brown water for a good few minutes and no menu in the room- or breakfast menu thingy to put over the door handle. We ventured through the maze of corridors and stairs in our crisp un ironed robes ( I wish I had brought my own ( to the spa . Best part of the whole experience was the warm pool . Outdoor jacuzzi was uncomfortably cold and changing rooms were dirty . The restaurant is more like a function room - we decided after going down to go elsewhere . This hotel is not recommended and the staff were unfriendly and not rude but just blank. We ended up going to the Ingleston country club for a meal which was lovely and we would have paid for a room to stay if there had been a vacancy rather than return to Gleddoch . Just to dampen the stay further the breakfast wasn’t good . Not terrible but cold Toast and coffee / tea was rotten . Staff look miserable and are unfriendly / unsure as if they know the place is rotten . Sadly a bad experience I’m afraid . The place needs a deep clean and the paper notices on the doors for reception etc need changed . We also experienced other disgruntled guests . Just to add that we are very laid back and not complainers so it took a lot for me to complain . A shame .

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dale b
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Decided to book an overnight DBB at Gleddoch House as a birthday surprise for my hubby following the lovely reviews after their refurbishment. I must say I was extremely disappointed and I definitely would not return. We had an executive king room and we found the bathroom sink still had a previous guests toothpaste smeared on it and toilet seat and rim was covered in.... well you can imagine..... housekeeping had to be called twice! The room was covered in dust, something housekeeping blamed on the type of furniture, which was utter rubbish. There was only one robe and one bottle of water, not what you expect for an executive room which charges £30 extra (ours was all included in the price as a free upgrade). The two lovely pink chairs had number ours dirty marks on them and the raidiator had a a large brown stain god knows what that was... The nineteenth bar looked nice until we noticed stains over the couches the plates from previous customers took a while to be cleared. They didn’t have a cocktail menu, the staff googled how to make a Cosmo which was lovely. They also didn’t have our first 2 choices of wine from their wine menu but did recommend another which again was lovely. I didn’t want to use the spa which was the main reason for booking, due mainly to the lack of cleanliness through out the hotel. Dinner was a complete disaster, too many things went wrong to mention on here, in-fact I’m still waiting on the supervisor to talk to us and the guest experience manner to reply to my email.... But the one think I will mention is what the waiter said to us when opening our bottle ‘ I don’t know how anyone could drink this stuff’... great customer service! Breakfast the following morning was nice, however no fried or poached eggs on offer. At check out I was given the opportunity to speak with the manager but by that time I had had quite enough and just wanted home. Not what I would call a 4 Star boutique hotel, cleanliness throughout was extremely poor, the hotel was full and the staff were overwhelmed. I would not recommend anyone spending their hard earned cash on a place such as this, very poor customer service.

Room Tip: Just don’t go here Spend your money on another hotel!
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple