“Family dinner for 16”

Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Langbank
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Booked in advance due to the number and having elderly parents with us. Table was ready when we arrived and it wasn't log before we were seated.

Menus was varied and appealing. Didn't take long for the 8 children to decide what they wanted. Drinks came pretty quick and we didn't wait long to for our order to be taken.

Starters came out after 20 minutes and all agreed taht they were great. After another 20 minutes, the main courses started to arrive. Perfect timing as we were ready for them. Children shared desserts.

Overall everyone really enjoyed the meal. The service could not be faulted as the staff were always making sure that everything was fine.

Loved the setting and not far from the hotel were staying at.

The decor was excellent and fresh. They recently finished a refurbishment.

Overall, the food and staff were excellent and loved the decor. The management have got it just right.

Really want to go back.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Food was good but the service was shocking waited 15-20 minutes for someone to take a second drinks order and then I had to get up and ask someone to get drinks it was very warm and the restaurant was half empty when the table was cleared we asked for the desert menus and again we were left waiting 20 minutes while the staff stood at the till chatting amongst there self's absolutely shocking !!

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Popped in last week, two had the carvery and one had the haggis burger, all was ok, I do think though that there might be some batch cooking/hot holding going on, as there is no way my burger was cooked to order and served in less than 7 minutes, either that or some kind of accelerated cooking is being used......

1  Thank skyestorm
Reviewed 27 June 2018

I went to Coast this morning for tea, coffee and cake with a friend. Had to ask for serviettes and when I was pouring my milk into my tea I saw that the milk jug had yellow hard old milk or cream crusted all under the rim of the jug. I took it back to a member of staff who looked at it and said "So it has. Do you want another one"? as she put it aside. No apology or offer of fresh tea. This was my second visit to Coast, the first being just as disappointing. There certainly won't be third visit.

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My Sister and I took my 80 year old Mum for lunch. Not one of the meals was decent.
My Starter of Scallops with Bacon and Black Pudding The bacon could break teeth it was so badly cooked.
My Entrée .. I Ordered Steak & Sausage Pie with "FAT CHIPS"
I got nasty limp freezer chips, barely defrosted in the oil and not cooked;
with something that looked like the pie ordered until you cut into the pastry to find a near absence of filling .. almost 1/2" gap between pastry and meat (mostly gravy) and one tiny slither of sausage
Prices higher than similar local restaurants and Poorly cooked ... will not be back and my Mum and Sister had similar experiences with the other dishes
Has to ask twice for my second drink as the waiter forgot to put in the order
Very poor ..