“New Owners, Fantastic Food”
Review of Carambola

Carambola
Reserve with OpenTable
Carambola is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Hudson
Price range: US$12 - US$38
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This business does close between the hours of 2pm and 5pm Tuesday-Sunday. Closed on Mondays
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Written by a local:
I've been going to Carambolas for many years, previously under Scott's ownership - in a small town change can be scary BUT the new Owners have done an incredible job of honoring the Carambolas spirit all while brining in new culinary experiences! I tried the tomato salad, the mushroom risotto, and the salmon table d'hote and EVERYTHING WAS DELICIOUS! The presentations were so well done it made the food taste even better and the portion sizes have gotten a bit bigger too! Apart from the very tasty food paired with the classic Carambolas BYOB, the ingredients are being sourced fresh and local which you've gotta love! To top it all off, they were very accommodating to my food restrictions which I really appreciated. Carambolas has been passed into some amazing hands and I'd recommend it to everyone, especially with the new menu choices to try! I will be back without a doubt, thank you Carambola!

4  Thank CandaceG16

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had an amazing meal at Carambola's last night. The service was top notch. The new owners are making some changes and putting there twist on what was a great product. Congrats to the new owners and we will see you again.

4  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 25 June 2018

After a very nice show at the Hudson Village Theater I went to Carambola with a friend for what we expected to be a super meal . What a nasty surprise we got ! The menu was totally changed and quite small. We had a hard time deciding what to order . The lobster dish that my friend wanted was not available . They had not received their lobster . My mackerel dish was very salty . No bread on the table, you have to order their Focaccia if you want bread . It consists of a roll with a little oil, cut up in 4 slices ! Not the regular Italian Focaccia similar in texture to pizza dough. My octopus was also overly salty and it was not at all a generous serving , just one piece of octopus . It seemed to have been warmed up a bit . Last but not least my friends chicken was lukewarm and she thought that it had been reheated . In the end their credit card machine did not work and I was told that there was an ATM a few doors down . Will we go back : No !

2  Thank chrisse39
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I was really excited to try Carambola as it has a great reputation and I love general tao chicken. I ordered the general Tao salad and it was the worst thing I have eaten in a very long time. The chicken was dry, the coating was more of a donut coating and it came off and the dressing was overwhelmingly sweet. The conception of the dish is so fascinating to me as I cannot imagine anyone liking it-the flavours are just wrong-all sweet and no heat and sweet with funkiness of seaweed salad was really not good. Aside from the conception the execution was sloppy. I left most of the salad and my waitress(I think an owner) did not notice or care. The other diners thought their lunch was just meh. I hate to write such a bad review but the thoughtlessness of my experience was insulting. They just did not take any care in the conception and execution of their dishes, the presentation or the service. Would absolutely never return.

3  Thank LightPacker97572
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I've eaten at Carambola several times over the years.
The food is tapas, with a lean towards local market fare

The core menu has some longstanding favorites, then there is the chalk board with one of a kind creations.

Our recent visit was 4 people. The restaurant is BYO. I love this aspect as you get to research your wine pairing in advance....adds to the experience.
The menu being tapas, lends itself to sharing and discovering.
Food has been consistently fresh and delicious over the years.

Staff have always been very friendly, helpful and engaging.

The only thing to note, when full, it can get a little noisy.

1  Thank deathracer