All reviewsdevils punch bowlnational trustan evening mealthe pubcomfy bedone night stayalevenue
Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We had been here several times for Sunday lunch, but this was the first time we stayed over. The room had a 4poster, very comfy bed. It was clean and the food was great, as usual. The staff can’t do enough for you and are very friendly. Highly recommended

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
DPBHotel, Manager at The Devils Punchbowl, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your wonderful review, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We had been late in seeking a venue for Father's Day lunch: the place we'd favoured and previously visited in Liphook, Hants, offered us lunch at 1700! So we cast about for a new venue and settled upon the Devil's Punch Bowl Hotel at Hindhead, adjacent to the extensive National Trust area, and which offered a Carvery. Reservation was made on line and confirmed by telephone. The ground floor of the hotel is somewhat rambling but offers a large bar, area for bar meals and a restaurant. The Sunday Carvery lunch was superb: beautifully tender beef, lamb, turkey and gammon on offer with a large range of vegetables: the latter on a self-service basis. And all at extremely reasonable prices: far cheaper than the venue that we might otherwise have visited!
Courteous and friendly service. Highly recommended as a Sunday Lunch carvery venue.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
DPBHotel, Manager at The Devils Punchbowl, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your wonderful review, I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the chef, and staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed overnight on business trip , arrived and walked through sea of smokers outside reception area , very cold welcome, room was awful lighting dark , unclean ,bathroom had mould growing and extractor fan you could smell tobacco smoke coming through vent , towels smelt dusty and dispensing soap smelt stale. They don’t do room service however I brought food to my room but there is no table to sit at , the food was awful too pate salty , didn’t have two items on a very limited menu , steak was fatty , chips were nice . Stains on furniture and welcome book , very noisy very early in the morning , couldn’t leave window open as on ground floor had no lock system and wooded walk was seen just outside the window therefore do not feel it would have been safe to leave it open . Didn’t go to breakfast however looked very basic . If you have high standards wouldn’t recommend it . On checking out when asked was everything ok I said no and the receptionist wasn’t interested in asking why , sorry not my cup of tea

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jules010203
DPBHotel, Manager at The Devils Punchbowl, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Good morning Jules,

I do apologise that you were not fully satisfied with your stay at The Devil's Punchbowl Hotel. I will be working with the housekeeping and maintenance team to ensure the issues you raised are investigated.

Reviewed 26 May 2018

This is a venerable old place, with a terrific and popular bar, excellent food (the morning breakfast buffet is generous and tasty, with decent coffee, always important. ) I arrived late on a Friday evening, exhausted and hungry but the kitchen had just closed. Nevertheless the manager prevailed and I was served a nice lasagne and salad. The next night I had an even better fresh salad with chicken, featuring edamame beans, pomegranate seeds and a delightful medley of garden veggies. The place is not fancy, and the rooms are a bit worn around the edges, but to my mind, this hotel gets the important things right. The bed was comfortable, the wifi works well, and there is plenty of hot water. (although the shower fixture was, I'll admit, a complete puzzle to this American). Don't expect luxury, but do expect your needs to be met; these people care about their guests. I was comfortable here, felt welcomed, and would recommend it as a good value.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
DPBHotel, Manager at The Devils Punchbowl, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will pass on your lovely comments to the staff, and the chef. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent location right next to the Punch Bowl.
Plenty of free parking at the hotel.
Food was excellent and plenty of it.
Staff were helpful and friendly.
Our double room was well equipped, clean and comfortable.
Our only criticism is the decor needs some attention.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
DPBHotel, Manager at The Devils Punchbowl, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Good morning Lenny,

Thank you for your kind review. We are working hard to improve the appearance of the hotel and hope to welcome you back again soon.