All reviews main building lovely garden make you feel at home friendly hotel full english breakfast for sunday lunch room was large comfortable bed free parking an overnight stay stayed here for one night visiting manchester feel very welcome old trafford breakfast was excellent biscuits manchester airport
Reviewed 22 June 2018

My first visit to Manchester to see Billy Joel at Old Trafford. My husband has stayed here many times with friends to watch Man U play. Upon arrival we were made aware that the hotel had recently changed ownership and currently undergoing refurbishment. This did not effect us in anyway and it is obvious that it needs an update, but is still homely. Our room was clean with ensuite and we had a comfy nights sleep. Free parking. Breakfast was buffet style which I found most acceptable. The staff were friendly and accommodating. I would be more than happy to return.

Room Tip: Rooms with garden views in an annex joined to the main victorian house by a bridged corridor. separate access into the accommodation block.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Free car parking, easy enough to find
However hotel is currently undergoing a refurbishment which I was not advised of when booking. No Wi-Fi in bedrooms as builders cut the cable apparently but you could get wifi in bar/conservatory area also a lot of mess everywhere.
Bedroom was ok but I wasn't keen.on being on the ground floor and as a lone female traveller I did not think this was ideal as anyone could have got into my bedroom via open window
For the price I paid it was fine for 1 night and staff very friendly

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 June 2018

Stayed for one night while going to see the Rolling Stones at Old Trafford.

Ideal place to visit the stadium. A 15 minute walk to Brooklands Metro station, then 4 stops to OT. £3 return fare. It's an 8 minute trip (+ walking either end) and they run every 12 minutes.

Very Impressed with size of the bedroom (had booked a standard double). Good sized bathroom with plenty of hot water. Staff were very friendly and helpful. On arrival we were taken to our ground floor annex room and showed how to lock and unlock the door and also how to access the annex (via a code) at night.

Paid £6.95 for breakfast, it was worth it.

Nice gardens which you have access to. Wifi wasn't good in our room but worked well in main building.

Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor annex room. Very quiet at night.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

Stayed overnight before early flight from Manchester. We were woken between 2300 and midnight by loud slamming of doors above or around us, shouting and yelling in the corridors and people running between rooms. I couldn’t call reception to complain because it is unmanned overnight (emergency number is posted at front door and I would have had to get dressed and walk to a different building to get the number).
I emailed my complaint a few days later but the complaint was rejected on the grounds that “ nobody else complained”!
When I persevered, I got emails back from differing people in apparently different organisations suggesting that the hotel is ultimately owned by a holding company or possibly hedge fund. One email referred to my complaint about “ heating”, whereas I never mentioned heating and there was no issue with heating.
I’m pretty certain that the hooligans behaviour was caused either by hotel staff having a party, or that on a quiet Sunday night, hotel staff invited friends in to occupy or use empty rooms because my wife believes she recognised the reception clerk looking out a bedroom window above our room.
In any case, compensation was refused and my last email was ignored.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Leitrimlad
Reviewed 27 May 2018

Booked an overnight stay to make a birthday weekend. 70th birthday surprise party in Levenshulme followed by an evening invite to a nearby home in Sale. Booking.com never fail us and the Normanhurst Hotel ( although going through renovations) was very good. The room was quiet ( workmen finish at 6.00pm) and the dining room and staff were all very welcoming. Would recommend. Lovely garden too and parking for the car.

Room Tip: Overlooking garden
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple