Lowest prices for your stay
US$261
Reserve now, pay at stay
Expedia.comUS$212
eDreamsUS$261
CheapTicketsUS$212
All reviews infinity pool chef pablo costa rica private island general manager boutique hotel view of the ocean the entire staff worth the trip local restaurants rooms are beautiful amazing views star service delicious food every meal tropical paradise the managers
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 June 2021 via mobile

We felt like VIP at an all inclusive resort. Staff was charming and attentive. No request went unanswered.

Vanessa and Rebecca’s assistance with planning excursions and setting up spa appointments was excellent. The food was delicious and served with proper etiquette. Every meal including breakfast felt special. The servers, Jose and Brian, and the bartenders, Marlon and Gus, were personable, genuine, and felt like family during our stay.

Our rooms were cleaned to perfection every day. The grounds were stunning. Definitely recommend the ocean view king suite.

We will be back for sure!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rebeca Villalobos , Director General at El Castillo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2021

Thank you so much for your beautiful words!! we are so glad you had an amazing birthday with us, hope to see you again soon.

We send you a big hug to you and all the group.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 13 June 2021

From the moment you step foot on the property you are treated as if you are the only guest present. The hotel staff are more than accommodating and genuinely vested in giving you and amazing experience. We had a group and they helped us set up car rentals, excursions, special dinner for a birthday, etc. the service etiquette is impressive! I hurt my hand while out shopping one day and when I returned they were as concerned as if I was family. They offered to help me get to a clinic or get what I needed. You cannot get the experience, professionalism or service anywhere else. Will definitely be back. Pura Vida!!

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello thank you so much for your words !!. We are so happy you had a great time with us!!, We love helping you all the time and I really hope your hand is much better.

Hope to see you again soon.

We from El Castillo send you a big hug to you and all the group.

Warm Regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

A wonderful place, excellent service and beautiful facilities !!! the best sunset in the world.☀️
The food in the restaurant is delicious !!!
The pool is super nice, it seems that it merges with the sea.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 10 May 2021

My husband and I have visited El Castillo now several times over the past 4 years. Every time we visit it is just amazing and we feel right at home even though the hotel management and some staff changes have been made. The staff are so friendly, caring and helpful. You feel more like being part of the Castillo family than just a guest.
Pros: Most beautiful pool with the best view ever!, Quiet and peaceful atmosphere
Amazing breakfast, Availability of lunch, snacks and dinner at the hotel, Romantic rooms with lots of space. I really like the rooms with the seating areas in the main house. There are beautiful new villas with their own hot tub available as well as a small guest house.
The staff will help and organize tours for you (we had a private bird watching tour in Sierpe set-up by the hotel manager Rebecca, which was just amazing! and another private tour of Rancho Raices de Osa, a cocoa plantation by hotel operations manager Vanessa, most amazing experience ever!).
You are close to amazing beaches, restaurants, things to do as well.
Cons: Some people might mind the little street noice you can hear, we did not!

Room tip: There are no bad rooms!!! The corner rooms in the main house have additional seating areas we really like but the villas are most quiet.
Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank piatheworldtraveller
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this lovely 9 room boutique hotel. The staff was exceptional, the food amazing and views spectacular! I was traveling alone and felt totally comfortable and taken care of. While there is was easy access to Corcovado for amazing hike, the Baruca indigenous people, Uvita, waterfalls, ATVing, beach- the fish tacos from the kitchen were the best I’ve ever had. I am recommending this to all my friends and family - it’s called the castle because you are treated like a king and queen.

Date of stay: April 2021