Lowest prices for your stay
US$261
US$155
eDreamsUS$261
TravelocityUS$160
CheapTicketsUS$160
All reviews infinity pool chef pablo costa rica private island general manager boutique hotel view of the ocean the entire staff worth the trip local restaurants rooms are beautiful amazing views star service delicious food every meal tropical paradise the managers
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 May 2021

My husband and I have visited El Castillo now several times over the past 4 years. Every time we visit it is just amazing and we feel right at home even though the hotel management and some staff changes have been made. The staff are so friendly, caring and helpful. You feel more like being part of the Castillo family than just a guest.
Pros: Most beautiful pool with the best view ever!, Quiet and peaceful atmosphere
Amazing breakfast, Availability of lunch, snacks and dinner at the hotel, Romantic rooms with lots of space. I really like the rooms with the seating areas in the main house. There are beautiful new villas with their own hot tub available as well as a small guest house.
The staff will help and organize tours for you (we had a private bird watching tour in Sierpe set-up by the hotel manager Rebecca, which was just amazing! and another private tour of Rancho Raices de Osa, a cocoa plantation by hotel operations manager Vanessa, most amazing experience ever!).
You are close to amazing beaches, restaurants, things to do as well.
Cons: Some people might mind the little street noice you can hear, we did not!

Room tip: There are no bad rooms!!! The corner rooms in the main house have additional seating areas we really like but the villas are most quiet.
1  Thank piatheworldtraveller
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this lovely 9 room boutique hotel. The staff was exceptional, the food amazing and views spectacular! I was traveling alone and felt totally comfortable and taken care of. While there is was easy access to Corcovado for amazing hike, the Baruca indigenous people, Uvita, waterfalls, ATVing, beach- the fish tacos from the kitchen were the best I’ve ever had. I am recommending this to all my friends and family - it’s called the castle because you are treated like a king and queen.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank valward2018
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

From start to finish, our stay was wonderful. The view of the ocean from our room was stunning. But even without that, everyone gathered by the pool to watch the sunset. The staff was friendly and very attentive. In the morning, I did yoga on the balcony off of our room and listened to the waves crashing on the water. We ate dinner (reasonably priced) and breakfast (complimentary) at the hotel and everything was delicious. Dinner we had the Arracheras and the Coffee Rubbed Tenderloin. Breakfast we did the Rancheros El Castillo and the French Toast with fresh fruit and coffee. As we finished our coffee, we both agreed we wished we had planned to stay longer.

Definitely worth the price and truly a unique hotel experience. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2021

When we arrived, El Castillo was even more beautiful and tranquil in person. The entire staff is so friendly and attentive. They greeted us with drinks, helped with our luggage, and asked how they can make our stay great. I recommend staying here for as long of a trip as possible- you won't regret it! The rooms are beautiful, the pool and view were incredible. I really can't say enough great things about my experience here.

Date of stay: March 2021
Reviewed 24 March 2021

This hotel is a gem unlike any other I've experienced. The rooms are so comfortable, the views are incredible, the location allows for relaxation and adventure, and the staff are so friendly and talented. I've been here twice and I know I will keep coming back. Thank you, El Castillo, for everything!

Date of stay: March 2021