Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$154
eDreamsUS$235
TravelocityUS$160
CheapTicketsUS$160
All reviews infinity pool chef pablo costa rica private island general manager boutique hotel view of the ocean the entire staff worth the trip local restaurants rooms are beautiful amazing views star service delicious food every meal tropical paradise the managers
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 April 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough about this lovely 9 room boutique hotel. The staff was exceptional, the food amazing and views spectacular! I was traveling alone and felt totally comfortable and taken care of. While there is was easy access to Corcovado for amazing hike, the Baruca indigenous people, Uvita, waterfalls, ATVing, beach- the fish tacos from the kitchen were the best I’ve ever had. I am recommending this to all my friends and family - it’s called the castle because you are treated like a king and queen.

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank valward2018
Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

From start to finish, our stay was wonderful. The view of the ocean from our room was stunning. But even without that, everyone gathered by the pool to watch the sunset. The staff was friendly and very attentive. In the morning, I did yoga on the balcony off of our room and listened to the waves crashing on the water. We ate dinner (reasonably priced) and breakfast (complimentary) at the hotel and everything was delicious. Dinner we had the Arracheras and the Coffee Rubbed Tenderloin. Breakfast we did the Rancheros El Castillo and the French Toast with fresh fruit and coffee. As we finished our coffee, we both agreed we wished we had planned to stay longer.

Definitely worth the price and truly a unique hotel experience. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2021

When we arrived, El Castillo was even more beautiful and tranquil in person. The entire staff is so friendly and attentive. They greeted us with drinks, helped with our luggage, and asked how they can make our stay great. I recommend staying here for as long of a trip as possible- you won't regret it! The rooms are beautiful, the pool and view were incredible. I really can't say enough great things about my experience here.

Reviewed 24 March 2021

This hotel is a gem unlike any other I've experienced. The rooms are so comfortable, the views are incredible, the location allows for relaxation and adventure, and the staff are so friendly and talented. I've been here twice and I know I will keep coming back. Thank you, El Castillo, for everything!

1  Thank carolinee986
Reviewed 22 March 2021

We've visited El Castillo four times over five years. There have been changes in staff over those years. We've done it with aged relatives, friends, millennial children, and just the two of us (active 50 somethings). We've done the rainy season once, and January - March the other times. Each and every time has been wonderful.

Ojochal and El Castillo give us a perfect combination of fun adventures, challenging hikes, great bird watching, delicious food, easy access to local beaches, and a lovely pool to lounge around.

The newish General Manager, Rebeca, and her right-hand person, Vanessa, are doing a superb job. They're also very charming and engaging with guests. True hospitality. The other staff, including Aesim, Marlin, and Brian are friendly, helpful, and great at their jobs.

The surroundings and facilities are modern, tasteful, well-maintained, and comfortable. But it's really the people that make this place shine, and their five year track record of consistency tells me this won't be changing anytime soon, thank heavens.

Room tip: Suite #1 is wonderful. The owners apartment probably has the best view, with both ocean and mountains.
2  Thank CarlErickson