“Delicious seafood”

Ranked #14 of 71 Restaurants in Policoro
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 May 2016

We wanted a lighter lunch after eating the rather heavy cucina lucana for a week, so seafood seemed the perfect choice. We were not disappointed at Pitty. The seafood antipasti was really delicious. Mussels in Australia are often too big and overcooked, but these small ones were perfect and tasted more like oysters than their Australian or NZ equivalents. The pasta dishes also were very good. We enjoyed the jokes of the waiter and when we were there he got the whole restaurant talking to each other. As tourists we did not find this annoying, but rather it made for a very pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

Family run, very friendly atmosphere. We decided to go for owners recommendation: the food kept coming all sorts of fish/seafood dishes from antipasti to desert.
With wine and food for 2 - 90 euros for a meal was ok, but we got a hand written "pen invoice".
Would recommend to a friend to try.

Reviewed 29 December 2015

The restaurant serves seafood cooked to a decent Italian standard. Nonetheless, service was so poor it's been humiliating. When we ordered starters, we politely asked if these could come with some spaghetti for our hungry child and the owner said it was no problem. These never materialised until we were brought our spaghetti, after we had finished our starters. Meaning, he just lied to us. In the meantime, we asked for two glasses of white wine, the owner brought us a bottle. I was about to open my mouth to ask if he had misunderstood when he said "drink what you like, I'll drink the rest". As I was left speechless he had just opened the bottle and left. He was behaving quite informally, I thought he really meant it. When paying the bill however, he had the nerve to ask if we just had one bottle... When was time to order the first course, he took my wife's order and left. I guess me ordering something different was not an option that day. His goal all the way through had been... making as little effort as possible (our spaghetti together with our daughter's, same sauce for me and my wife...). We had to order without a menu, which means you're gonna have to pay what you're told... To sum it up, it's nice for an owner to be informal and play a little crazy to make things more interesting, but there is a fine line between that and being amateurish, especially if you do not have an idea of what good service is. Two stars because the starter was really good.

Reviewed 1 September 2015

Excellent food and crazy and nice host. The speciality is the fish! The table are outside and inside. The host suggest the plates only with fish.

Reviewed 21 June 2015 via mobile

We were recommended this seafood restaurant by the lovely owners of Il Paco Agriturismo (lovely family owned, more home stay than B&B!) Pitty was a special dining experience, the antipasto came out one after another in generous portions (5 in total), octopus the standout. Spaghetti with mussels was a little salty but pasta was al dente (we found most seafood pastas are salty since) The host Antonio is the sommelier, he's a real character & adds to the whole Pitty experience. He'll come over, 'salute' & have a glass of wine with you. His beautiful wife is the chef & her food is uncomplicated, fresh food at its best. Incredible wine selection too. If youre in Policoro this one is a MUST!