“Stunning”

Ranked #1 of 26 things to do in Nabari
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

An area of stunning natural beauty, definitely a must see when making your way through Japan, the ~ 90 minute hike to the top is well worth it and you will not be disappointed

Date of experience: June 2018
"ninja"
in 5 reviews
"hiking"

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

We read so many reviews of places to visit. Akame is certainly one of the most underrated attractions! We almost decided against visiting this wonderful place because the reviews were limited and not very exciting.

We are glad we did this tour since it was really an amazing sight! The hike was very long and can be very tiring. The ascent and descent were not always smooth. There were hard spots but mostly, it was not a difficult hike. But the beauty of the falls makes it worth all the hours we spent going around this place.

Akame is certainly a site one should not miss! This is one nature spot which we do not mind visiting again someday!

Date of experience: May 2017
2  Thank maskiano
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Most beautiful hike I've taken. There are about 25 waterfalls even though the name says 48.

About 4 km each way, and you can either double back or walk another 3 km through the mountain to end up in 落合。

Buses are few so be sure you check the schedule.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The walk starts with a giant Salamander exhibit and a whole day is required to complete it. We started past 12pm and only managed half before it started to get dark at 4.30pm. The light up near the base starts at 5pm. Don't expect 48 impressive falls but the walk is serene and the autumn colours were starting to show.
There is a ninja cafe at the base that serves excellent mochi and tea, with a very friendly host.

Date of experience: November 2016