Open today: 09:00 - 16:30
Review Highlights
Very nice place to relax and enjoy Nature!

Fantastic place not far from Kyoto, with many waterfall and beautiful tree. The hiking is not very... read more

Reviewed 1 October 2018
j0fly4765
Kyoto, Japan
Ninja training and waterfalls

There was a typhoon that hit hard here and there were some difficulties to get to the waterfalls... read more

Reviewed 2 August 2018
RM7601
Ossining, New York
via mobile

All reviews trek trail training beauty kyoto yen japan ninja hiking
Reviewed 6 April 2017 via mobile

Most beautiful hike I've taken. There are about 25 waterfalls even though the name says 48.

About 4 km each way, and you can either double back or walk another 3 km through the mountain to end up in 落合。

Buses are few so be sure you check the schedule.

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 11 November 2016 via mobile

The walk starts with a giant Salamander exhibit and a whole day is required to complete it. We started past 12pm and only managed half before it started to get dark at 4.30pm. The light up near the base starts at 5pm. Don't expect 48 impressive falls but the walk is serene and the autumn colours were starting to show.
There is a ninja cafe at the base that serves excellent mochi and tea, with a very friendly host.

Date of experience: November 2016
Reviewed 20 July 2016 via mobile

赤目四十八滝キャンプ場のご案内
I went to have experienced in that camp site, and I feel great. I really enjoy my one night stay. I can feel the Mother Nature life,I can saw the fireflies and I can hear the sound of silent. It's really great time for me.! Hope can be back soon for spending my time.!

Date of experience: July 2016
2  Thank Pelangi Jingga D
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Was hesitating to go initially as I din do much hiking previously and I was on a solo trip. Chose to go on a Sunday to increase possibilities of at least having other hikers around during the trip. I was so glad I went! Great place for photographers!

Reached there around 10am, there were some other hikers around, mostly locals. Its a trek along the stream, the waterfalls wasn't that amazing, but the whole trek was. There are 2 food stops along the trek, and you can sit down and get some drinks or food to enjoy the scenery. The trek was relatively easy. As I was coming out, more people were coming in as well.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 7 May 2016

Very little foreign tourists, came on a weekend. Hidden gem not too far from Osaka/Kyoto. Stumbled upon a ritual, something connected with ninja training, didn't quite understand... At least 45 minutes to watch. We didn't go all the way because it is not a circular route. Lots of photo opportunities. The trail maybe could be a bit wider...
Bus doesn't accept JR pass, although someone said it does.

Date of experience: April 2016