“Easter Sunday lunch 2018”

The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Atcham
Price range: US$4 - US$35
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: This is a magnificent grade II listed building, standing on the banks of the River Severn, it has been tastefully decorated and captures the charms of its original coaching inn days, reflecting an atmosphere of comfort and tranquillity. The hotel has been awarded 3 AA stars and provides quality food and service in a welcoming environment. Food is served all day and the range of menus feature fresh seasonal produce produced by the talented kitchen brigade. The venue benefits from a central location and is ideal for meetings and functions. Resident guests can enjoy a range of short breaks in well appointed bedrooms.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came from Monaco to visit my mum for Easter. We decided at the last minute go to the Mytton and Mermaid at last minute for lunch. The restaurant was very full. The service was very good and the staff very polite and friendly. The menu was very good with plenty of choice. Had the Bo Vien meatball starter - Vietnamese flavored meatballs with dipping sauce. It was so good and i received a complimentary box with sauce to take home. Just need to remember what was in the sauce. Pricing was good also, Would always recommend others to go there. Please send me the ingredients list edmund1962monaco@gmail.com

TheMytton, General Manager at The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear edmund1962,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to us here at the Mytton & Mermaid, and thank you for the kind words and five stars. We are really glad that you enjoyed your meal and thank you for the recommendation. I have passed your request onto Chris Burt, the executive chef, to send on the ingredients.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After a long trip back from Nottingham we thought we would give this place another try as we believe it has not long changed hands.
The barman was excellent, his advice on wines was good, he gave me a taster of a new beer I had not tried before and it was very good so I had a Pint of it and another with the meal

We were shown to our table by a charming young girl who was very heldpful and she told us she had only been there a couple of weeks but she was very good.

The meals we had were not spectacular, the Haddock fillet was rather thin but tasty, the Tartare sauce was not to the taste of any of the three of us who had the fish.
The fish came with a fancy titled type of mushy peas but it was more like a thin puree, not what we would have expected with a traditional fish serving.

We looked at the desert menu but didn't find much that floated our boat so to speak so we asked for the bill.
We assume it was the duty manager or such who brought it to the table in his hand, no tray or plate and dropped onto the table. We were not asked if we enjoyed our meals and it was almost too much trouble from his manner.

We won't be hurrying back there.

2  Thank Doncosses

Dear Doncosses,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to us here at the Mytton & Mermaid. I am sorry to read that the Tartare sauce or pea puree were not to your taste. We do try our best to please all guests and it is a shame that these items were not to your particular liking.
Regarding our bill presentation, they are not presented on a plate, instead in a comment card allowing guests to leave feedback if they wish. We do receive a lot of feedback this way and it has proved to be very worthwhile. I am sorry if this has in someway offended you. Regarding the member of staff who brought you the bill, if you wouldnt mind dropping me an e-mail with the date of your visit I can look into who was on duty that day and chat to the member of staff in question.

On the plus side I am glad you enjoyed the beer and service from the other members of the team. Hopefully this will be enough to encourage you to make a return visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovley looking place. The bar staff were great and drinks were fine and priced normally. Ibstayes in the cottage around the side of the main building, which was stunning.. Nice big lounge and an awsome big freestanding bath... but after a nice soak in the bath when draining the water was cascading back out the drain in the floor... with it flushing out smelly sewerage water which stank. We complained about it to the grumpy lady on the desk who predictably grunted and said they will get a plumber out when she can... which is fine, I understand it can't be done there and then, but maybe she could have offered a cleaner to clean the stench up? Or a complemetry drink or anything like that? But anyway... we also had dinner there which was average, not bad, but meat was overcooked for my liking and nothing special about the rest.

I'm sure most people's stay is probably slightly better but with the mishap of the bath a feel I can only give 3 stars.

2  Thank Thomas E
TheMytton, General Manager at The Mytton & Mermaid Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Thomas E,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to us here at the Mytton & Mermaid. I am sorry for the issues that you experienced with the bath in room 11 in the cottage during your stay. On inspection there were issues with the underfloor waste pipes which have of course since been rectified. I can understand that this will have adversely effected your stay, please accept our sincere apologies for this.

If you choose to return, please ask for Jo Henning, and we will of course be happy to provide you with a free room upgrade for this visit.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

4 friends and myself went for dinner on a fairly quiet Monday evening. We experienced a mixed bag of food and service, the starter of baba ganoush was unpleasantly hot, 3 of us had it and left most of it. The server asked the standard question to check if we had enjoyed our starters but failed to react when we said we had found ours unpleasant - I'm not sure he was even listening! The vegetarian choice was poor - I know there is a vegan menu but I am not vegan! I went for a Greek salad which was fine, nothing spectacular and my friend said the same about the Vietnamese salad. The lamb pie and pearl barley risotto were thought very good. The service was inattentive, I had to keep asking for a jug of water and then again several times for a refill. 3 of us had desserts which were again OK but nothing special - not what we had expected from knowing the Mytton's reputation. Also he just dumped a spoon down with no fork (I clearly needed one to eat my rhubarb tart) or additional serviette. We were not asked if we wanted coffee. No server was in evidence for some time when we wanted the bill and it was actually a different server who came and got our bill, he in fact seemed a lot more efficient. So overall it was all a bit unsatisfactory and disappointing.

1  Thank eflteacher

Dear elfteacher,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback following your recent visit. I am sorry to read of the inattentive service that was in evidence on this occasion. It is certainly not how we wish to present ourselves and the matter will certainly be addressed going forward. Hopefully you will look to return and we can look to significantly improve on your latest experience with us.

On the matter of the vegetarian choices we do try very hard to present a good selection of dishes, at current count there are 12 vegetarian options and 4 vegan. Also we feel that the vegan dishes we offer are not meant to be exclusive to vegans and stand up as a viable option to all diners. I appreciate that none of these may have appealed to you at the time. In any future instance if you wish to mention this then we will of course be happy to create something else (within our means) that isnt currently featured on the menu.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Enjoyable pub lunch. We had the fish and chips. We had the duck dinner and a clubhouse sandwich with smoked bacon. Service was fast.

Dear Russell M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your recent visit to us here at the Mytton & Mermaid and thank you for the five stars. This is very much appreciated by the whole team and we are glad that you enjoyed your visit and meal.