Lowest prices for your stay
US$167
View deal
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
PricelineUS$167
eDreamsUS$167
All reviews golf course swimming pool executive room dining room lovely hotel small gym well stocked bar afternoon tea steam room and sauna valentines weekend return visit whisky collection glen esk both nights fantastic stay nothing is too much trouble couple of nights
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 May 2021

Stayed at the Glenesk for 2 nights at the end of a very pleasant holiday touring Scotland. Despite continuing restrictions in the hospitality industry and hence limited restaurant services in the hotel, we were made to feel like VIP guests by Marion throughout our stay. Our room was spacious and quiet overlooking the golf course. The huge bed was one of the most comfortable we have ever slept on. Marion booked us a meal at a nearby hotel the first evening and organised a take-away for the second. She lit a fire just for us in the beautiful lounge, so welcome on a cold May evening! We had the choice of cooked or continental breakfast. We shall not hesitate to stay again, and explore this wonderful area further.

Room tip: Edzell is a quiet village anyway but rooms at the back overlooking the golf course are especially quiet
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank ChrisShirleyDerby
Reviewed 13 March 2021

Beautiful hotel set in the lovely town of Edzell. I've been staying here through the week while working away from home. Marion has made me feel so welcome, nothing is too much bother for her. The hotel is spotless & the rooms really cater for everything I require. Will definitely come back here with my family for a visit to enjoy all the facilities & maybe even a round of golf in the course it overlooks. I can't speak highly enough about Marion & can't wait to visit under more normal circumstances, to truly appreciate everything this Hotel has to offer.

Reviewed 11 March 2021 via mobile

What a brilliant hotel. I spent a month here while working in Brechin and enjoyed every moment I spent in the hotel. The staff are what make it special and Marion is quite unique. She was a spark of happiness every night when I got in and had the place cosy and welcoming for my return . Nothing was too much bother and she really made my stay so special. It is a lovely hotel in a beautiful village. Covid meant that some facilities had to be closed but the bar was open to residents so long as we all took our drinks in the main lounge area rather than sitting at the bar. I’m looking forward to going back after COVID to fully appreciate the place. There are some spectacular walks literally from the front door. I can’t praise the hotel and Marion too much

Reviewed 18 February 2021

The staff is really welcoming and made the hotel a nice place to stay even during the lockdown. Feel free to ask Marion for anything you need and she'll do her best to get it sorted. The food is great and a fair price when the kitchen is open.

Reviewed 10 February 2021

First time I’ve ever been to Edzell on a business trip, beautiful little village and well worth a visit. I was booked for a week beginning Feb 2021 the hotel at this time is only open for key workers to the area. The hotel is an old Victorian building (I think) and is beautiful from the outside , inside is even better , the fact it’s an old building doesn’t reflect the interior which is modern and attractive the staircase is as you usually find in these old building wide and winding. I was lucky enough to have stayed in two different rooms both of which were very comfortable an nicely decorated with great views onto the old townhall and the second room over looking the golf course, the second room was an upgrade and it was stunning, size wise it was huge and again beautifully furnished and finished to an extremely high level , the bathrooms were great really big with lovely layout and decor. With hotel only being open to key workers there weren’t very many guests due to COVID restrictions and the facilities weren’t open for use .
The best thing about the visit was the management at the time of visit only (Marion) lol, but I have to say she’s a credit to the hotel nothing is too much trouble and was always happy to see her guests no matter how few they were . It can’t be easy running a large hotel completely on your own but she manages to do a wonderful job with a smile on her face (behind the mask ).
In summary I’d definitely recommend a visit to Edzell and absolutely stay at the Glen Esk , I’ve visited a lot of hotels over the years with work and this Hotel is very near the top , I’ll definitely be back to visit with my wife after the COVIDrestrictions are lifted. Also if you like golf like myself there’s a course less than a 100 yards from hotel.

• Trip type: Travelled on business