“Nature”
Review of Menengai Crater

Menengai Crater
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Nakuru
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Marvelous nature, breathtaking, you just can't fathom the richness of nature in this scenery, simply amazing!

Date of experience: April 2018
"fees"
"development"
"adventure"

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

My girlfriend and I went by car to the top of the hill/mountain just to check the viewpoint. When we were up there an official guy went to us saying that we have to pay 700 shilling per person. He told us that we should have checked the official website (??) and that we should have read the signs/information at the gate (there is no real gate nor information there). The 700 shilling is just 7USD per person, but for simply the view (60 seconds watching) it was the most expensive thing I did in Kenya :).

I recommend to skip this viewpoint.

Date of experience: September 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018

An environmental friendly, with good picnic sites, in and out outdoor activities. good secure camping sites. got a lodges too. as its under Kenya forest association on your lucky day you can spot a few I mean a few wild animals, come one come all lets visit our parks and sites for refreshments, adventures, educational tour for our school pupils and students.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018

Menengai Crater is one of those few breath taking spots that I would want to visit again and again..With one of those gorgeous views of Nakuru town and a background of lake Nakuru..its just makes it a perfect spot in this small city. However it would have been breath taking if we hard more activities such as balloon rides or some safe Arial activity. It would really boost the place. However I just love it. Camping at this spot would definatly be out of this world!

Date of experience: June 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I've been up here a few times before, but it never gets old. The view is spectacular and the geothermal plants are fascinating. There are many curio shops if you want a souvenir (negotiating the price is acceptable). You can hire guides if you want to go for a hike. There's a paypoint before you start up the big hill; fees are reasonable. I paid the resident rate of 400/- via Mpesa and 100/- cash and was given a receipt for both.

Date of experience: April 2018