US$178
US$75
Travelocity
US$105
US$93
Thistle Express - Swindon(Swindon)(Great Value!)
US$42
  • Breakfast included
US$168
  • Breakfast included
The Check Inn(Wroughton)
TripAdvisor
Reviews (1 209)
1 209 results
All reviewsconference hotelhousing estateleisure facilitiessteam roomrestaurant managergood sizepool and saunabuffet stylegroupon dealbar pricesquiet locationmodern hotelcourse mealnight breakwaiting staffbed and breakfastbreakfast and dinner
61 - 66 of 1 209 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I had such a stressful difficult day at work the had to travel to Alexandra House. On arrival Beth was so polite, professional ensuring care and attention to detail before I was allocated a lovely room. Great value. Alexandra House was so calm, great leisure facilities too. Can I also thank Charlotte and Dan for continuing the great hospitality throughout my 3 day stay, I definitely recommend Alexandra House

Room Tip: west side lots of great views across the fields
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This venue is essentially a Conference Centre. The room was clean and pleasant although the TV reception was poor as was the WI-FI. The drinks at the bar were expensive and only one bitter for my husband. That said, the staff were extremely polite and welcoming. This was a celebration dinner for my sister’s 60th birthday and retirement. Kemal the Operations Manager was brilliant as was his team. Kemal went above and beyond to make our dinner memorable. The table was laid with a tablecloth, napkins and a lovely candelabra. We were treated to a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine. The meal was very good and enjoyed by all. So thank you Kemal for making it a special evening which was very much appreciated.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel 15th to the 18th June '18.
A favourite hotel of ours as we can take our dogs with us.
Unfortunately on returning from a swim the lock on our room was broken and we couldn't get in. All of our money etc in our room.
The room was entered but the lock destroyed in the process.
Tom was very concerned for our predicament and introduced us to Kèmal. Kèmal was excellent, dealing with our issue in a speedy professional manner. We had complementary drinks while awaiting a resolution. Our room was swiftly changed and by way of apology a nights refund was given plus dinner that evening in the hotel restaurant.
Kèmal Tom and especially Beth resolved any issues we had during our stay in a sympathetic and professional manner.Kèmal even made contact after our return home to ensure we were happy.
We will definitely be returning

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan R
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Well, ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ closer to ⭐️ star I waited 15 mins to get served at the bar. All tv/sky not working no football!! Waited 30 mins for a starter then asked and it turned up in 2 mins. Suggest they chase up main course. Wish I hadn’t. Arrived 2 mins after. Been sat there for a while! Main was supposed to be belly pork but was a couple of cold pork chops with cold, burnt veg. Funny looking belly pork. 1/10. Must say the waiter was ok, not his fault. Avoid

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
5  Thank Jlovick
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My partner and I decided to stay here for 1 evening as found a deal on groupon including 3 course meal, bottle of wine, nights stay and breakfast - was cheaper than a 3 course meal out at a restaurant with a bottle of wine would have been!
On arrival the receptionist dealt with us quickly and gave us info where our room was. The room was average, comfy bed, clean and bright however very hot and could only open the window slightly. Had a bit of a problem with the shower as would be fine one second then scorching hot and freezing cold the next so was super quick in the shower which was a bit frustrating.
Dinner - although we paid for a 3 course meal with wine we also had the option of the buffet food if we wanted too but we both decided on the 3 course option. Food was good however I found my main of risotto far too rich as had a lot of cream and oil in it so did not eat more than a few mouthfulls. Pudding of brownie with ice cream was delicious.
Breakfast - Huge variety of buffet ; cooked breakfast, yoghurt, fruit, cereals, bread, jams & pastries.
Overall enjoyed our stay but the room did let it down a bit.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sophiebullock1995
Mark S, General Manager at Alexandra House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review, I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and especially the brealfast we certainly hope we can welcome you back soon.
Kind regards