Hotels.com
eDreams
Agoda.com
StayForLong
FindHotel
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 June 2019 via mobile

I stayed at the Le Capase for 4 nights after being in the North of Puglia earlier in the week. On arrival we were taken to our garden view room which was dark, a view of a hill and had woodlice crawling in it. We changed room for two nights which was much nicer (albeit we paid) with an excellent view however still had the problem of woodlice, which are all over the resort.

During our stay we were told the chef of 4 years left and a new chef was appointed, the best waiter also left (he had amazing wine knowledge). I was served RAW pork one night and on one occasion the menu was so confusing we left and ate out. The breakfast is lovely as is Anne the breakfast waitress however the evening menu was a let-down and nothing like advertised on their website. I would have sacked the new chef and apologised to the old one to get him back ASAP, the guy has ideas above his capabilities.

There is no access to the sea, I did inquire about it but was told it wasn’t finished yet (unlike how it looks on their website).

I think it is a nice resort with clean beds and towels etc but overpriced for what it is, I wouldn’t return I’m afraid.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank Mrswomen_2010
Reviewed 20 June 2019

The owner is a marketing genius. Shame on me for trusting their website, and an email from the manager, Simona, in which she confirms that there is “access to the sea”. My wife and I had planned to relax there for a week after hiking around Italy. I was so looking forward to swimming where the Adriatic meets the Ionian Sea that the first thing I asked about when we checked in was where are the steps to get down to the water. Lilly kept evading my question, and I put it aside while we were ushered to our room. The first “classic” level room we were shown looked and smelled like an assisted living facility for senior citizens. We asked to be upgraded to a “prestige” level room, and it was an improvement but still looked and smelled like grandma’s house from 1979. I then went back up to the front desk to inquire about access to the sea and was passed from Lilly to Simona. Simona made a dramatic display, put her head in her hands and everything when I asked about access to the water. She claimed a storm had recently destroyed the steps and that it would be a week before they were repaired. Neither Simona, nor Lilly, nor the sour-faced owner who just sat there the whole time without ever saying a word or even acknowledging me, was apologetic in the least. My initial elation at being in a beautiful place turned into suspicion that I had just been conned out of a lot of money. I went to investigate the steps and it looked like a project they have been starting and stopping for a long time… I do not believe at all that the steps were ever in use. Even if they are telling the truth that the steps were only recently wiped out, they failed to inform us before we arrived – even upon arrival, until I asked about it. I could have made other arrangements. Nevertheless, we tried to make the best of it, so we went up to use the pool. Again, when we checked in, Lilly kept telling us “the pool is heated… the pool is heated”…. I am an experienced swimmer and I can attest that the pool was most certainly not heated, and the weather was weird that week so the water was cold and not pleasant. The front desk staff kept insisting it was heated. Still, my wife and I thought we’d make the best of it and just use the hotel as a base for other activities in the region. Then the construction noise started. Why they decided to build something next to the pool during tourist season is beyond me, but again they denied that it was creating any noise. My wife and I are truly not picky people and are usually very easy-going. However, we booked Le Crapese because we wanted somewhere quiet, with swimming opportunities. We had had enough, so we checked out. We asked for a refund, and they refused. They offered nothing, did not apologize, didn’t seem to care at all – and why should they, they just got our money for a week’s stay without having to provide any of the things that they promised! Like I said… they are geniuses.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
10  Thank realbrianr
Reviewed 29 April 2019 via mobile

We just left Le Capase and the stay there was like a dream. The hotel is perfect in every way you can imagine. The rooms are new and extremely clean.The staff are so kind that make you feel like home. They have a beautiful small gym that have an amazing view. The restaurant at breakfast offer you an deserts angle that looks amazing.For lunch and dinner the menu is not very big but what they do is delicious. They have some very excellent wines from the area that are a must. I give a 10 plus to the hotel,location and the staff.The hotel have as well bikes that can be used. Can’t wait to go back to this Paradise again.

Date of stay: April 2019
3  Thank travelbestf
Reviewed 27 April 2019 via mobile

Probably the most beautiful place we have ever had the pleasure of visiting. All the staff were very friendly and most helpful.
There are also many lovely walking/cycling trails nearby that run through the country side.

The only negative was the €5 coperto to dine at the restaurant even though we were staying at the resort.

We will definitely be returning.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank Mashtomatoes
Reviewed 12 December 2018

I stayed at this hotel for two nights on a biking tour of the Puglia region. They saved the best for last in this case! We arrived at the hotel for the first time, pleasantly tired from a gorgeous bike ride through the region. The lobby where we checked in was beautifully decorated and smelled absolutely fantastic - there was a reed diffuser with their signature scent and I am kicking myself for not purchasing one! We then stepped out to get a look at the infinity pool, which overlooks the Adriatic Sea. The expanse of the view from the pool was stunning. We would soon find out that the hotel's restaurant has the same view, as would our room. We had an adorable little patio off our our room too, and one day we ordered a bottle of wine and snacks to share out there. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The customer service was fantastic, the food was great and the accommodations were unbelievable. I hope to return one day.

Date of stay: June 2018