All reviews trafford centre motorway network good nights sleep family room buffet breakfast reception area minute drive saturday night member of staff would stay again comfy bed free parking stayed for one night old trafford wedding manchester toilet
Reviewed 28 October 2015

We had a friends wedding and everyone stayed there. The first impression was ok and inside is nice, small gym (always good). But the girl on reception didn't seem to know how to smile and really didn't like being asked questions. You're front of house, you represent. You failed! the rooms are nice but I think pricey for what they offer. The Wi-fi is just about there. Bathrooms were a little bit small and pokey. I'm 5'3 and I kept bashing my elbows when I showered! The breakfast (which is not included) I very expensive (£15pp) when it is the same as you would get anywhere else- hot and cold buffet or food left out from the start and just topped up. While tasty not worth that much I feel. It was an ok stay but I feel it was overpriced for what we got and the staff need to learn some customer service skills.

Room Tip: ask for the front car park view- that way you don't look out to the maintenance yard and people smoking
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
Mike B, Manager at Novotel Manchester West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2015

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve.

We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 27 October 2015 via mobile

We arrived to find our room wasn't ready but the reception team kept us fully informed and found us another room within 5 minutes. They then gave us four free drinks vouchers as way of an apology! Member of staff was sorting room when we got there and was so cheerful and friendly. Our room was clean, functional and quiet with added extras like tea/coffee, hair dryer and iron u don't always expect from a budget chain. Our package included breakfast which was great. Lots to choose from and buffet style so we could fill up for the day ahead. Grounds are nice with small play area. Pub two minutes walk away if you don't want to eat/drink in hotel (prices were on high side but I'd expect that in a hotel). So much nicer than some of the tired Travelodges I've stayed in. This was our first family room experience and it hasn't put us off! Thank you

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Manchester West.

Reviewed 26 October 2015 via mobile

Stayed here with my husband and 3 daughters on 23rd October as we were going to Coronation Street tour the following day. After a long drive from Great Yarmouth Norfolk it was a very welcome and comfortable night. Bed was lovely and the shower was fine. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast in morning was lovely buffet style. We had separate but adjoining rooms which was great so we could leave the door open during evening so we could see each other easily and my 7 year old daughter could be close by me. Would recommend these chain of hotels to everyone and would definitely stay again!

1  Thank Madmillee

Reviewed 19 October 2015 via mobile

We had a family room - 2 double beds for myself and my 2 teenage sons. All rooms have been nicely refurbished since our last visit. Shower and bathroom is lovely. Room nice and comfortable. No complaints about the room.

I ordered breakfast as part of the package which we were looking forward l to. This was their only failing but a big one!!!! There was hardly any food! There was some cereal, pastries, and some juices (no cranberry juice which is what I wanted). But for the cooked breakfast there was nothing. When the food was brought out, they only cooked in batches of 6 or 8. The queue was so long people were giving up. No sausages at all and another guest said there were none the day before. And no apologies, the staff (with the exception of one waitress running around) really didn't seem bothered. Have they never served breakfast on busy Sunday before? It was ridiculous. And it was 9.30am, with breakfast served till 11 on Sundays.

I may look for alternative accommodation next time which is a shame as this spoilt the great reputation we had for this hotel. Shame.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised by this little gem based in Manchester. My family and I didn't know what to expect as we had not stayed in a Novotel before but the staff and rooms were lovely. We booked and stayed within three double rooms as a family of six. All rooms were exactly the same and each room had everything you would expect. The hotel seemed well maintained.

If you are looking for just a simple room for the night then this hotel would suit you fine. Another family member stayed at the Marriott (found down the road) and they said their experience wasn't worth the extra £40 they paid. With the Novotel you seem to get more value for money.

I do have to mention that we didn't have breakfast so I am unable to comment about the food. However this hotel definitely got a thumbs up from what we experienced and we won't hesitate to book a Novotel in the future.