“Average”

The Woodside
Ranked #6 of 31 Restaurants in Worsley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Woodside in Worsley is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here on a Monday evening and had 2 courses each. My uncle had ordered a Meat Feast pizza for his main and the waiter had forgotten to put it on, but he had been kind enough that when it was ready he said he would take it off the bill which he did. I had the calamari to start and it was absolutely gorgeous. Then I had the sea bass which was alright but it was a small portion. Overall the food was nice but with a few glitches. I would come again but I wouldn’t order the sea bass again. Also the raspberry virgin mojito is very nice if your driving but don’t really want to just get a coke or something similar.

General Manager A, Manager at The Woodside, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Emily, we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is not our first visit here, as we see relatives who live down the road and pop in for lunch, but it’s the first visit since new management
I have to say, the atmosphere was lovely, and the service was good, with a really friendly female staff member, who was so helpful to my niece who is a vegetarian.
The food was brilliant, I had the vegetarian tart, my husband had the roast.
Thank you for a lovely lunch experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just finshed the most amazing pizza. As good as Italian and better than most chain Italian. On arrival it wasnt clear how to get a table, but doesnt warrant losing a point. Service was good but not too much. Nice atmosphere. Would come back.

General Manager A, Manager at The Woodside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Colin W, we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! We look forward to your next visit! Take care!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

My wife and I went to Woodside for a meal. We ordered 2 drinks to start.....waited 15 minutes, then had to remind the waiter that we ordered drinks. My wife asked for the Ribeye steak from the menu but they didn't have any left so we both went for the rump steak. The menu was incorrect - where it read "rump steak", it should have read "gristle" the starters were ok, so all in all, a beer, a wine, 2 average starters, a few chips and garnish and a couple of coffees came to £59. Poor value and pretty expensive for pub grub. Im not a chef but I can serve up a lot better for a lot less. I recommend going to a proper restaurant rather than a pub that charges restaurant prices.

Rob, we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had at our location. It is discouraging to learn of your experience with us. we will use your feed back to improve and hope you will give us a chance to show you the real us

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I went to The Woodside on a Saturday lunchtime with a friend. Resturant wasn't too busy. It had been in my list of places to go for a while, however it didn't quite live up to my expectations, sadly.
We had the shared starter (sticky platter) which was on the whole very nice. For my main I opted for 2 starters - the calamari and the black peal scallops and prawns. My friend opted for a healthier main and said it was reasonable. My calamari was warm at best when it arrived and I suspect it had been waiting around for a while, which obviously meant that it was cold long before I finished it. The scallops weren't a huge dish but hot and tasty so that's fair enough.
One issue I did feel detracted from our experience was the slow service - painfully so at times. The waitresses were polite and generally well meaning but getting drinks was no mean feat and the gap between ordering a coke and it turning up was considerable given the restaurant wasn't particularly busy. I'd say about half the tables were in use, if that.
Would I go again? Yes, I think so.

Hello Laura, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us this feedback. Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and for you to feel it wasn't we must address this issue. Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback